Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Resignation, Ryan Harriman

CSAAA Resignation, Ryan Harriman

I am resigning from the CSAAA board of directors effective immediately. I have been on the board for over 12 years but due to current political issues as well as public concerns I feel that I am no longer able to remain on the board.

I don't have the exact numbers here but I'm pretty sure I've donated over $25,000 to the CCFR the last few years...I'm in the the long haul and the long fight. I love guns, the outdoors, shooting, fishing and my family. I love freedom too but the gov't seems to want to take that from us more and more each day.

Ryan
    Last edited by Chemist; 04-26-2023 at 08:28 PM.

I'm posting this in a separate message as I wanted to explain a bit about the CSAAA and what is going on with many dealers.

There has been a lot of talk about the CSAAA today. I'll start out by stating most of what was announced by the gov't this morning was twisted into some liberal propaganda and that I was caught totally off guard by most of the content of the announcement. When the announcement started with the gov't lying about the CSAAA helping them find 11,000 guns I knew it was going to be bad. That being said, most retailers and distributors have now prohibited firearms in their inventory that they can't sell. It's tying up capital and putting some of them in incredibly difficult financial positions. I know some people think a dealer makes tons of money but in reality there is 18-20% markup on a gun. That means if a dealer is stuck with $100,000 in prohibited inventory they have to sell over $1,000,000 of other items to make up for that loss as profit in a gun store is less than 10% once you factor in labour, insurance, utilities etc. I wish it was higher but it isn't. Imagine loosing a year or two of revenue due to the OIC. The CSAAA was contracted to assist dealers that wanted assistance with figuring out what inventory was prohibited or non saleable due to the OIC. If a dealer didn't want to be included or didn't want help then they wouldn't be in the data.

I know it sounds like the CSAAA was helping the gov't but that was never the intent of the CSAAA...although it looks terrible looking in from out outside. They wanted to help many struggling dealers who are on the brink of bankruptcy, have reduced in size, are behind on payments etc with getting rid of dead inventory so their businesses could survive. Not everyone is in that position but many are. SFRC for instance has over $500,000 in prohibited firearms and products we are sitting on and can no longer sell. The CSAAA wasn't setting prices, picking up guns, etc, they were contracted to help dealers that wanted assistance with figuring out what they hand in inventory and passing that data on to the gov't if the dealer wanted. Anything else you read or see online is a lie.

Personally speaking, I don't see a buy back happening for dealers of individuals any time soon. Even if the data was compiled it would more than likely be years before anyone sees a dime...if ever.

To the person that made the bud lite/CSAAA meme, you deserve a medal. It made me laugh on this crappy day.
    Last edited by Chemist; 04-26-2023 at 08:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Last edited by TreMoR; 04-26-2023 at 08:23 PM.
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Trapped Inside The Liberal stronghold (GTA)
    Thank you for your explanation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    What ever happens we need to stick together.
    CCFR/NFA

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Thank you for posting Ryan.

I am of the opinion that the CSAAA erred grievously by partnering in any way with the fed gov and the 'buy back'.

At a minimum, they've lost you & O'Dell as board members and I imagine the resignations will continue...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Thank you for the additional context, it would seem the road to hell is paved with good intentions after all.

Appreciate the insight, strange times we are in..

I unfortunately made the mistake of switching on CBC while I had my (gardening) coffee break. Was forced to listen to that slimy Mendocino repeat several times how proud the "government" was at the partnership with the CSAAA and how he looked forward to working with them to seize and destroy ( my words) the remaining prohib dealer inventory. The reporter repeatedly tried to suggest that the CSAAA had publicly announced it's displeasure with this characterization. Of course that didn't stop old Marco. On and on he went. Then refused to answer any direct questions about the program like: " where did you get the figure of 11,000 firearms?"or "What happens if you don't have the buyback program ready by the October deadline?".These liberals just continue to disgust me with their phoney talking points and zero transparency.
    We all need to keep the pressure on our MPs and join/ support the party who can put a stop to this BS.
    Slava Ukraini! Heroyam Slava!

CGN Regular
    Ryan has always been a straight shooter, while I don't think he had any poor intentions,
    the balls to just step down tells me what I need to know much respect. Most of us with a brain know this was spun into a poop show.
    Sadly I don't think all of the dealers want to be lumped into this. As most know most are P-OFF as its been covered in the news
    as working with and compromise. Slowly eroding what we barley have left, And I agree 100% heck compromise.

Page 1 of 21 12345678911 ... LastLast