Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mathew Hipwell on the list

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    I personally don't blame the companies for wanting to recoup some of their losses.

Easy for us with maybe 10k of guns to lose to say well stand by our ground. Multiply that by 100 fold
    I do not feel sorry if these companies over-bought inventory and now are stuck with it.

CGN Regular
    The dealers have stuff in stock they can not legally sell. But they paid for it. The csaaa made it very clear (don't get all your info from cbc) that they engaged to ensure the best buyout price for these weapons, and that only dealers that wanted the option to have the govt buy back their stock would be taking part in this. There is no mandatory buy back, the csaas isn't involved in the process of receiving the guns and the entire part of their involvement was to provide dealers with another option to recover cost from stuck inventory.

2 points-

if a store needs or wants to get the oic stock off their books, its good of the csaaa to ensure the best price for the dealers. Its really difficult for a shop to afford to sit on stuff for years, cashflow depends on stock moving in and out. A store may have trouble managing a few hundred thousand in stock that they paid for, but can't get their money out. This may be one of the few options left to them (if it ever happens)

Its just stock, if the govt does the buyback and a new govt says its fine to sell these guns again, the factorys are still there, they can restock. I think people should try to look at this like a business decision to stay afloat instead of some betrayl. The melting (which will not happen btw, the govt just needed to show some forward motion on the file, its been 3years of missed deadlines, you suddenly expect things to go quickly?) of some t97s or m305s isn't the end of the world, the stores couldn't sell them to us anyway.

Funny how aggressive everyone has been on this, but nobody is providing ideas on how else to keep these businesses solvent. I can't pay my bills with 'principle', most creditors want money. The stores need to be realistic. And maybe, if they freed up some of the money invested in the OIC stock, they could buy firearms and related stuff that we could go into their stores and actually purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    I do not feel sorry if these companies over-bought inventory and now are stuck with it.
    Lol would you prefer dropshippers?
    Even 200 firearms in stock is maybe 2-3 of each banned firearms. I'm not sure if that counts as over buying inventory
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    It wasn't an overbuy, they bought according to the market and the the govt blindsided them with new rules.

If a tire store buys tires for the winter, and then the government bans selling winter tires, do you expect him to just sit on half his yearly throughput for the next decade, or should he have the option to get rid of that stock and then restock with something he can sell?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    I could have cared less if the legislation permitted the dealors to return their inventory to the manufacturor, I accept that they are turning it over to the government. I'm trying not to be overly sensitive to the optics, as I doubt this will have any impact whatsoever on the end result. Either the Conservatives get in and overturn this legislation, or they don't and we are sunk. The issue with the dealors is a side show.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

CGN Regular
    Lol would you prefer dropshippers?
    Even 200 firearms in stock is maybe 2-3 of each banned firearms. I'm not sure if that counts as over buying inventory
    Taeish, you know where that quote at the bottom of your post came from, right? Not related to this thread, but something something marxist commies....

CGN Regular
    I personally don't blame the companies for wanting to recoup some of their losses.

Easy for us with maybe 10k of guns to lose to say well stand by our ground. Multiply that by 100 fold
    In other words everyone will stomp on their own principals when paid a good money. I bet if every gun owner would be offered 10k by 100 fold to give up on their hobby - Canada will be a gun free.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    The dealers have stuff in stock they can not legally sell. But they paid for it. The csaaa made it very clear (don't get all your info from cbc) that they engaged to ensure the best buyout price for these weapons, and that only dealers that wanted the option to have the govt buy back their stock would be taking part in this. There is no mandatory buy back, the csaas isn't involved in the process of receiving the guns and the entire part of their involvement was to provide dealers with another option to recover cost from stuck inventory.

2 points-

if a store needs or wants to get the oic stock off their books, its good of the csaaa to ensure the best price for the dealers. Its really difficult for a shop to afford to sit on stuff for years, cashflow depends on stock moving in and out. A store may have trouble managing a few hundred thousand in stock that they paid for, but can't get their money out. This may be one of the few options left to them (if it ever happens)

Its just stock, if the govt does the buyback and a new govt says its fine to sell these guns again, the factorys are still there, they can restock. I think people should try to look at this like a business decision to stay afloat instead of some betrayl. The melting (which will not happen btw, the govt just needed to show some forward motion on the file, its been 3years of missed deadlines, you suddenly expect things to go quickly?) of some t97s or m305s isn't the end of the world, the stores couldn't sell them to us anyway.

Funny how aggressive everyone has been on this, but nobody is providing ideas on how else to keep these businesses solvent. I can't pay my bills with 'principle', most creditors want money. The stores need to be realistic. And maybe, if they freed up some of the money invested in the OIC stock, they could buy firearms and related stuff that we could go into their stores and actually purchase...
    Dude.

You still don't get it do you.

These businesses aren't on the verge of going under. Besides that, unsold inventory is a problem hardly limited to the firearms industry. In addition, these firearms can ALL be exported back to the US. This bailout money would be OUR money. WE still have tens of thousands of $$ of OiC paperweights. But WE aren't rolling over. The list goes on. I didn't even get into the fed court case implications.

CSAAA sold out the Canadian firearms industry, full stop.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    I could have cared less if the legislation permitted the dealors to return their inventory to the manufacturor, I accept that they are turning it over to the government. I'm trying not to be overly sensitive to the optics, as I doubt this will have any impact whatsoever on the end result. Either the Conservatives get in and overturn this legislation, or they don't and we are sunk. The issue with the dealors is a side show.
    The above is true.

But some stores can't afford to wait for jagmeets lips to get chapped. And the csaaa was doing what they were supposed to, which is support their industry. Everyone hear doesn't believe a word from the liberals, but they are instantly going to take this press release as the gospel? Read what the csaaa said, and see if it makes a bit more sense from a business point of view. Its not mandatory, its trying to maximize value for those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Taeish, you know where that quote at the bottom of your post came from, right? Not related to this thread, but something something marxist commies....
    I am absolutely aware of where the quote came from. Firearms are not a partisan issue in my eyes.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary