Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mathew Hipwell on the list

Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    In other words everyone will stomp on their own principals when paid a good money. I bet if every gun owner would be offered 10k by 100 fold to give up on their hobby - Canada will be a gun free.
    For a cool mil I'd probably just move to us, you're not wrong
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    The above is true.

But some stores can't afford to wait for jagmeets lips to get chapped. And the csaaa was doing what they were supposed to, which is support their industry. Everyone hear doesn't believe a word from the liberals, but they are instantly going to take this press release as the gospel? Read what the csaaa said, and see if it makes a bit more sense from a business point of view. Its not mandatory, its trying to maximize value for those who need it.
    Your understanding of how the industry must be supported is highly subjective.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Dude.

You still don't get it do you.

These businesses aren't on the verge of going under. Besides that, unsold inventory is a problem hardly limited to the firearms industry. In addition, these firearms can ALL be exported back to the US. This bailout money would be OUR money. WE still have tens of thousands of $$ of OiC paperweights. But WE aren't rolling over. The list goes on. I didn't even get into the fed court case implications.

CSAAA sold out the Canadian firearms industry, full stop.
    I do know one store who will go out of business because of carrying costs, and thats of the 3 local stores i support (which will get worse with the pistol ban). I don't know the export procedures, but i do know the chinese guns can't go to the US, so thats a pretty big chunk of some peoples stocks. SO THEY CAN'T ALL BE EXPORTED BACK TO THE USA. And of those that could, its unlikely the market price increases make up the extra costs involved.

So you are saying that the govt was completely unable to do anything but now that the csaaa is onboard the buyback will be done by next Tuesday?

Obviously i don't understand how this has sold the industry out, from my point of view its providing an option for stores that would liketo get rid of the stock THAT THEY CURRENTLY CAN'T SELL.

And there are no federal court case implications, all the people saying that do not know crap about the law. The only changes that the judge can take into account, after submissions have end, is an actual change to legislation (which working with the csaaa isn't). They would have to pass a law that negates what the court challenge was about.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    I do know one store who will go out of business because of carrying costs, and thats of the 3 local stores i support (which will get worse with the pistol ban). I don't know the export procedures, but i do know the chinese guns can't go to the US, so thats a pretty big chunk of some peoples stocks. SO THEY CAN'T ALL BE EXPORTED BACK TO THE USA. And of those that could, its unlikely the market price increases make up the extra costs involved.

So you are saying that the govt was completely unable to do anything but now that the csaaa is onboard the buyback will be done by next Tuesday?

Obviously i don't understand how this has sold the industry out, from my point of view its providing an option for stores that would liketo get rid of the stock THAT THEY CURRENTLY CAN'T SELL.

And there are no federal court case implications, all the people saying that do not know crap about the law. The only changes that the judge can take into account, after submissions have end, is an actual change to legislation (which working with the csaaa isn't). They would have to pass a law that negates what the court challenge was about.
    Ok, I am wrong in that not ALL can get exported. You are right on that.

As for unsold inventory, my point remains the same. There are better ways to recoup costs than calling up the Feds. Imagine that.

RE court case implications - I know the system. I know that I would be naive to think that something like this could not at all factor in. Look at how we are here. Flawed, unjust systems.

Anyhow, we will have to agree to disagree.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    Lol would you prefer dropshippers?
    Even 200 firearms in stock is maybe 2-3 of each banned firearms. I'm not sure if that counts as over buying inventory
    write it off as a business loss claim amount on taxes and put the 'book' value at 0

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    The libranos and Bidens will not allow these guns to be sent to the states. Distributors won't take it back. So shops are stuck.

However, every board member should be publicly explaining this. PERIOD.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

All this inventory can be sold for parts. Probably end up getting more by selling the individual parts anyways.

OIC inventory has been on the shelves for 3 years now and whoever was financially unstable would have gone out of business by now. For me I consider this whole debacle as big FU to all of us.

$700,000 spread across all CSAAA members for their now prohib guns. Cutting the legs out from everyone with enough spine to say NO for such a pathetic amount of money is incredible. I would hope Matt did not vote yes towards such a ridiculous deal.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    write it off as a business loss claim amount on taxes and put the 'book' value at 0
    Exactly, it’s been 3 years now. If they were that hard up they would have been done for long ago.

This is a spineless, sellout move by all involved.

Considering the fact these rifles could have been stripped for parts and sold would have likely netted them 100% + in their costs.

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    A mere $700,000 compared to the millions that have been donated to different organizations to fight C-21! Makes one wonder are there 2 sides in this fight or 3?
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor