Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message from Matt Hipwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    I think the lickspittles have become even more pathetic lately........
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Soooooo we cannot even theorize one single likely consequence.

Figured.
    Dude you're going strain yourself moving goalposts like that.
    But carry on
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer droid1963's Avatar
    Somewhere between raising Hell and Amazing Grace
    About the only thing that needs to be said, IMO, is "thank you, Mr. Wolverine, for your courage, tenacity... and financial and moral support of Canadian gun owners."

You've had more skin in this game than all your detractors, and we aren't privy to the kind of exposure your business has. No-one has the right to question your decision.

I would like to ask your opinion on "what happens next". If the CSAAA rescinds this agreement, or even if it folds due to the fallout, what do you think Marco's next play will be?

(I ask this knowing full well that I'm not owed an answer, and understand if you choose not to reply)
    "Ignorance can only propel anti-gun legislation so far until it smacks into the hard wall of the truth!"
    - Mark A. Keefe IV
    "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
    - Ed Howdershelt
    "Mass murderers apparently can’t read, since they are constantly shooting up ‘gun-free zones.’ "
    - Ann Coulter
    "She's dead. I would rather she was alive and the carjacker was dead. .... I'm weird"
    - Ted Nugent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    What's the practical difference between this and if there had been no deal/contract though?

I mean I get the symbolic win for the govt but whats the real world impact vs if this hadn't happened?
    Thats not a symbolic win..the CSAAA negotiated a collaborative 700k contract with the Libs when everybody - small shop - gunsmith and even non gun business refused to be part of it in the past. The Libs can now claim and they do - the industry is onboard and agree those guns are not to be in the hand of civilian..just when many individual and business are in court to beat that IOC…great timing.

It’s a major political win for the Libs and antis.

The CSAAA put inventory compensation on the table in return of a collaborative 700k contract - working against all gun owners in that action. The dealers have inventory - we have millions of $ in our safe purchased from the same dealers. This should have been the main concern.

Wolverine did more than many in protecting our right in the past - but they just blew up that history by being part of that CSAAA travesty.
    We also did our parts by buying and supporting Wolverine and most of those members on the CSAAA board that just stabbed us in the back.

I have no sympathy for CSAAA members that participated - negotiated and agreed to that contract - knowing very well they were participating in the Libs gun grab and undermining ongoing court challenges.

The damage is done.

Just walk away from the mess your created, at least your getting paid for the inventory no one wanted. If you want to save face, disband the CSAAA. At no point facilitating a buy back with the government is with in the mission statement of the CSAAA.

"To promote and protect the legal rights of manufacturers, importers, resellers and stakeholders in the Canadian shooting sports industry."
    There is no difference in a retailer or a gun nut that cant sell or use there property.

The CSAAA just sold out the shooting sports.

I won't spend another dime in one of these stores epically with the one that have walked away from their mess. Thank for profiter, off of law abiding citizens, I hope your business goes bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Dude you're going strain yourself moving goalposts like that.
    But carry on
    Says the guy who continues to provide no plausible way this harms us.

You can't articulate how or you would have by now.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Thats not a symbolic win..the CSAAA negotiated a collaborative 700k contract with the Libs when everybody - small shop - gunsmith and even non gun business refused to be part of it in the past. The Libs can now claim and they do - the industry is onboard and agree those guns are not to be in the hand of civilian..just when many individual and business are in court to beat that IOC…great timing.

It’s a major political win for the Libs and antis.

The damage is done.
    OK

So who is going to be acting differently now, thanks to this PR win? Its going to sway the judges? Its going to make people vote Liberal?

"Dammit, well here I was gonna vote CPC because those gun store owners weren't taking the payout! But now that they are, go Justin"?

The judges gonna switch from ruling against the bans to going along with it now because some gun stores want payouts? "Well, we thought it was illegal but since they actually propose how much money they want for the merchandise that was going to be confiscated with compensation anyway...."

The court cases really hinged on everyone saying "no" to the money?
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    OK

Its going to sway the judges? Its going to make people vote Liberal?
    When they plaster the media with "Gun organization to help Liberals with buyback" it has the potential to. It hints at legitimacy to their illegitimate ban.
    “Not everybody can be a robot polisher.” - Klaus Schwab

Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    When they plaster the media with "Gun organization to help Liberals with buyback" it has the potential to. It hints at legitimacy to their illegitimate ban.
    So it'll influence the judges subliminally and make them stop looking at the case rationally...

At least that IS proposing how this affects someone who matters. Kudos for that. I'd like to think a judge can handle thoughts more complex than a Dick and Jane book but then, look at their rulings sometimes lol. I can understand that one.
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    OK

So who is going to be acting differently now, thanks to this PR win? Its going to sway the judges? Its going to make people vote Liberal?

"Dammit, well here I was gonna vote CPC because those gun store owners weren't taking the payout! But now that they are, go Justin"?
    It’s clear you are not grasping at all what happened and consequences of the CSAAA actions.

Fortunately, the gun owners - lawyers and people involved in the different court chalenge do realize the effect of that collaboration contract have and will have on the gun-grab agenda. The Medicino media show clearly was made to tell all Canadian (general public) the gun industry was for, and agreed the IOC guns are not for civilian.

Thats a major win - public opinion do matters - we have seen it with C21 G4 on hunting guns. Judge do not live in closed boxes - they are influenced by the same factors we are - see and ear same we do.

You do not and you probably have no IOC guns - money tied up in guns - time and support money to the different court chalenges - so you don’t understand what it mean.

Yes..we should act differently with people - business and org that work against gun owners interest by collaborating with the Libs in implementing their gun grab plans.

Starting by boycotting the business of those CSAAA members who got involved - negotiated and agreed to that contract is a way to clearly let them know we do not agree with their actions. Money talk.

They put themselves in the position to be associated with the Libs gun grab program. They are in it now - in bed with the Libs - negotiated contract over many months - in hand to prove it.

The CSAAA claim, on their web site - representing the industry and are the voices of all hunters and sport shooters. They are not.
    Last edited by Janeau; 04-27-2023 at 04:40 PM.