Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Action: IPSC members and Action Pistol Sports Competitors

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I don't personally shoot IPSC, but I always wanted to, but currently I don't have what would be considered a "good" pistol for the competition. I will take the letter, make a few changes about how it is excluding future participation, and send it to a bunch of MP's. Thanks for sharing the template!
    You’d be surprised…I bet you do have a suitable pistol…pretty much any pistol in 9mm or above is doable…And apparently the new rules have set up 22 pistols in their own category.

And good on you for modifying the letter to match your circumstances…
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Yup shouldn't matter if you shoot a box of ammo on the weekends at your own pace or run around with a fancy gun and throw hundreds of rounds down range, rules for one group and not for the other that's BS.
    exactly... wait till I get an exemption for my F150 gas burner when they can't buy any , because I prove " need" and they can only prove "want"

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSlug85 View Post
    IDPA guy here. Everyone across all divisions and non competitors should be working together. Sport shooters and hunters stand together, please.
    100%
    Dump the Turd 2024!!! Vote for Pierre!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mctrigger View Post
    Hardly. If you don’t hunt you still take up the fight of you don’t shoot Ipsc you still take up the fight. Same goes for PRC, collectors PPC you name it. Perhaps one day you’ll want to take up the sport or collect or perhaps a family member or friend will. Any angle we can get to open the eyes of our opposition is an angle we must all pry on. Drop the elementary playground I’m picked last mentality and see the bigger picture here. If we are in this forum we are all together
    I have my Black Badge, original post was directed and still is directed at certain people

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Gun ownership turning into a rich people only sport.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    Nothing stops you from running a Norinco or other more affordable firearms in competition.

Unless you're implying that the cost of ammo to participate/train will be the limiting factor because only competition ownership will be allowed, then yes, it's been going that way for a while now.

To be honest, the cost of the firearm is negligible in the long-term. Feeding it is the bank-breaker. Costs have about doubled over the last two/three years. I reload and am dreading the bill when I need more primers down the line That's if I can find any.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    And Lulu Lemmon wearers.

people compete in PPC, CLASh (me) , Cowboy action, and Bullseye as well. And I probably missed others. Why not an exemption for everyone that is licensed. Meaning, no ban. Sorry had to add my stupid comment.

Just growing to throw some crap against the wall and see if this idea sticks.....

Maybe if IPSC Ontario encouraged its members to then encourage non-members (that own handguns but don't train & compete) to write MPs .... they'd probably have a bigger letter writing campaign ?

All of our Nation's "gun cliques" need to stop thinking of saving just their own necks !

Enough of everyone thinking ONLY their own "Clique" .... J/C
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    people compete in PPC, CLASh (me) , Cowboy action, and Bullseye as well. And I probably missed others. Why not an exemption for everyone that is licensed. Meaning, no ban. Sorry had to add my stupid comment.
    Its not a stupid comment, as many of us are in the boat. People forget there are more "world" know shooting sports than just IPSC. I shoot PPC provincials yearly, and I'd like to shoot PPC with a revolver like it suppose to, but I missed my boat, and stuck continuing to shoot it with what I got.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast