Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The miracle of EPPS Wes

BANNED

The miracle of EPPS Wes

All the negative feedback ratings disappeared from the Epps web page, ~50 ratings!

If you disagree with Wes' censorship, make sure to re-post your feedback asap!

mine is still there from 4 days ago
    when you get to the reviews you select 'newest'

CGN Regular
    Theyre gone

Hahhaa

Funny,
    Big media helping out a gun grabber

Google has had a policy for a long time to remove reviews when a group of people dogpile on a business to manipulate its rating.

If you write another review, expect the same outcome.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMuck View Post
    Google has had a policy for a long time to remove reviews when a group of people dogpile on a business to manipulate its rating.

If you write another review, expect the same outcome.
    Exactly. Those reviews are intended to apply to the quality of the activities of the business itself, not someone's views of non-business elements.

It's like the restaurant Chick-fil-A - they've been very vocal about their opposition to ### rights. You might support them in that, or you might oppose them for that. Either is fine, but neither has a place in their google reviews, which are the place for one thing only: ratings on the quality of their chicken sandwich and their service of them.
    And that applies across the board. Ratings of a coffee shop should be about whether or not the coffee is good - not whether or not you personally agree with the owner's political stances.
    Ratings of a cake shop should be about whether or not the cakes are good, not about whether or not the baker supports ### marriage.
    Ratings of a sandwich shop should be about whether the sandwiches are good - they should not be about how the owner promotes veganism and you think that's stupid.

That's how reviews are supposed to work.

Dogpiling on to artificially lower their rating because of your opposition to non-business activities? Frankly that's just childish behaviour.

CGN Regular
    I once had that happen a little with the online reviews of my cabinetry business. Someone posted a review that was all about how they disagreed with my religion. This was confusing to me. I am a religious person, but I am not in your face about it, and I certainly couldn't remember having a religious disagreement with anyone, so I really had no idea where this reviewer was coming from. But that didn't matter, because their views of my religion really have no place in reviews of my Cabinetry! It did not take a miracle to get rid of that review. I simply clicked one button to report it, and noted in the report that it was irrelevant religious information in the review. It was deleted within the hour, overall a very easy process.

CGN Regular
    Some reviews were based on the shop itself

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Callee View Post
    Exactly. Those reviews are intended to apply to the quality of the activities of the business itself, not someone's views of non-business elements.

It's like the restaurant Chick-fil-A - they've been very vocal about their opposition to ### rights. You might support them in that, or you might oppose them for that. Either is fine, but neither has a place in their google reviews, which are the place for one thing only: ratings on the quality of their chicken sandwich and their service of them.
    And that applies across the board. Ratings of a coffee shop should be about whether or not the coffee is good - not whether or not you personally agree with the owner's political stances.
    Ratings of a cake shop should be about whether or not the cakes are good, not about whether or not the baker supports ### marriage.
    Ratings of a sandwich shop should be about whether the sandwiches are good - they should not be about how the owner promotes veganism and you think that's stupid.

Dogpiling on to artificially lower their rating because of your opposition to non-business activities? Frankly that's just childish behaviour.

What Wes did was business. In my town a know sexual predator runs a chip truck stand, you think I care about the fries. It took me a while to convince a co-worker to stop going or sending his kids. Your mentality about product only is why Walmart syndrome and Chinese junk is so ubiquitous.

Soon enough you’ll be replace by AI

Dogpile on he deserves it

CGN frequent flyer
    Reposted my review.
    Will repost everywhere I can. What a slimy snake.
    And go ducking figure google would remove negative reviews. God damn this world is completely ####ed.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by Callee View Post

In general, I can agree with you. But it's a slippery slope to segregate a business' values and such from the actual product. I think the business reflects not just product, but also vision of the leadership.

Case in point...when I was high school in a small (ish) town, there was actually a nice little bakery/snack joint owned by an older couple (which I guess I am in that realm now). Food was great, but owners weren't all that friendly to me. I thought it was MAYBE because I was a heavily pierced goth/punk type of teenager. Turns out that wasn't quite the case. Guy was a member of the Heritage Front (if you don't know what that is, look it up). Once I found that out I stopped going there, since I knew he absolutely looked down on me as a visible minority and probably wants "my type" eliminated.

Now, I could certainly say, well, I should judge the shop by its products and not by the owners' politics, but you see, I don't think it's really possible for MOST people to divorce their personal values from their business values and business vision. Should I keep patronizing a retail establishment whose owners' values are quite contrary to my best interests? My values (both personal and faith) are integrated in all facets of my life.

The same dynamic has been prominent lately with the whole Bud Light beer thing. I certainly 100% support the right of people to boycott Budweiser due to its affiliation with that cross-dressing man. That is their right to do so, despite whether Bud Light tastes good or not (I am not a drinker anymore whatsoever, but when I was younger I did partake in a few brewskis and don't recall it ever being really compelling, but I digress).
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast