Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The all new AUSLOF 12ga shotgun!

Looks interesting

I had mine out at the range today, 20” version. Neat design, but I had issues with the spent case not ejecting fast enough, and the new round coming in and blocking the ejection. If not paying attention, the spent round was in the chamber and “click”. I’d say over 50% of the time this happened. So I’d manually have to remove the spent round. Which was slower than just using a break action. Was cool and fun when it worked as it should.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jester3006 View Post
    I had mine out at the range today, 20” version. Neat design, but I had issues with the spent case not ejecting fast enough, and the new round coming in and blocking the ejection. If not paying attention, the spent round was in the chamber and “click”. I’d say over 50% of the time this happened. So I’d manually have to remove the spent round. Which was slower than just using a break action. Was cool and fun when it worked as it should.
    Hopefully it breaks itself out of that!
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

Was it maybe the shells sticking in the chamber? Hopefully it works it out or maybe give the chamber a good scrub and light oil to help it out for the first while?

Mine was supposed to come Friday but Canada Post delayed it until Tuesday so I'll know more when I get to play hands on haha

Would this be safer and easier to operate with one hand on a motorcycle than the 1887?
    "Once they are gone, they are gone." -- Anonymous Sales Rep

We’ll see, it always ejected the shell when there wasn’t another one to load.

Got mine today. It works out of the box (but a bit dirty) with dummies, at least.
    The black finish will get marked pretty easily by the brass of ejecting shells, though only superficially.

CGN Regular
    Sounds like its faithful to the original design lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelord View Post
    Got mine today. It works out of the box (but a bit dirty) with dummies, at least.
    The black finish will get marked pretty easily by the brass of ejecting shells, though only superficially.
    Yeah same, just came today finally. People were saying it doesn't work with minishells but I think a spacer could be 3d printed in the shell loader so it can but I'll have to figure that out after I've shot this. Might not be worth trying but fun gun to play with

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Biggest advantage over pump is it's ability to easily fold in half for easy stowage/transport. Also, larger mag capacity then pump for the same given length
    So now we have a tube-fed single-shot break-action shotgun ?!?!

I don't know which is more surprising
    - The guy in the 1920s that came up with the design
    - That someone in 2023 decided to mass produce it!

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ