Express sight for Ruger No.1

Good day

I recently acquired a very nice Ruger No.1 in 450/400 Nitro Express 3" I want to replace the rear and front sights. I would like to get an Express Rear sight and white bead front sight for it. I have read that Ruger will not sell them unless they are a Boddington Limited Edition, and have read other articles by gun writers who say they contacted Ruger and were sold such sights.

Can you tell me is there a way I can order these sights in Canada?

My eyes are too old to pick up the fine front and rear sights. I could go scope, but I would like to have either option available with the scope in quick detach mounts and the ability to take it off in the thick stuff. My dream is to hunt Africa one day.

Thank you

Basically like you said Ruger won t sell you the express sight unless you have a gun that came with it originally.New England custom gun does sell a peep sight for the number1 and a large bead for the front sight.With what you describe of your eyesight this would probably be your best option anyway

Thank you for reaching out. We would recommend reaching out to SnapShots or Gravel Agency. They are both repair depots for Ruger in Canada and may be able to provide some direction on getting the sights.

KGL

Some good news for those following this thread.

I contacted Gravel Industries in Quebec....they asked for the serial number of the rifle I wanted to have the sights for. I asked for three rear express sights as I have three No.1's I wanted to change out. They sent me three express sights. Very reasonable at $20 each.

Thanks for the help and thanks to Korth for their assistance

Some good news for those following this thread. I contacted Gravel Industries in Quebec....they asked for the serial number of the rifle I wanted to have the sights for. I asked for three rear express sights as I have three No.1's I wanted to change out. They sent me three express sights. Very reasonable at $20 each. Thanks for the help and thanks to Korth for their assistance

Very good.

Very good news. Thank you for the update.
**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Back
Top Bottom