LOCKHART TACTICAL 5.56 BUILDER KIT - CONVERT YOUR AR to NON-RESTRICTED

For the people who don't know how to use the internet to answer their questions.
Are these in-stock products ready to ship? Or preorders, or backorders? From the add, I would guess you can ship Monday, is that the case? Not that I doubt TNA but I want to be clear.

Summary
Firearm Reference Number (FRN): 196562

Valid As Of Date: 2023-05-08

Manufacturer: Lockhart Tactical

Level: Manufacturer Specifications and Commercial Customization

Country of Manufacturer: CANADA

Meets all the definitions of non-restricted. Classified as such. The only reason those two are is because "they said so". Just goes to show the CFO isn't entirely subsumed by the in power party, or at least it seems that way.

Sorry, not too familiar with this firearm. Will this be able to be upgunned into 308 platform, with change in magwell?

Thank you

I dont work for LT or TNA.....but no.

If anything, a "larger" receiver would be released. It is unfortunately not as simple as changing the magwell.

For an example, you can compare an AR15 and an AR10. Same design, just beefier.

Last edited:
And it's going to get a lot worse once the court rules in favour of the Crown in the CCFR case...just wait..

It will all be null and void if C-21 goes through, the FRT gets legitimacy and becomes a legislative requirement. Ex lawyer mendicino is no idiot.

this is a great idea, but I am done buying firearms until this bozo is out of office. I don't need the poly police to have any extra serial numbers that I may for may not have

How did they approve this as NR on the FRT but ATRS and TSR are "prohibited", at least as far as the FRT goes

Because the inherent weakness in gun control laws that are not blanket bans is that innovation and manufacturing moves quicker than the beareaucracy.

The antis play whack-a-mole with firearms that exist, but since they are truly clueless when it comes to the design and manufacturing of firearms, they lack the ability to predict what a manufacturer can do to make a firearm that does not fit the classification that the current law uses.

So , unless you got all the spare parts including a barrel , I guess may as well buy a complete rifle?
I guess I could use most everything off my Siberian.. lol

Is there much on the go for 18.5 aftermarket barrels now?

Sorry, not too familiar with this firearm. Will this be able to be upgunned into 308 platform, with change in magwell?

Thank you

If anything, a "larger" receiver would be released. It is unfortunately not as simple as changing the magwell.

Would it be possible with an upper change to allow a bigger ejection port and BCG and a magwell change? You would also need a trigger with enough oomph to handle bigger cartridges.

So , unless you got all the spare parts including a barrel , I guess may as well buy a complete rifle?
I guess I could use most everything off my Siberian.. lol

Is there much on the go for 18.5 aftermarket barrels now?

Basically nothing on the market unless you want a heavy WK barrel with carbine gas. Not like pre 2020 when there were about a dozen options

This is a modular receiver. It can down downsized to 9mm without an insert to the .556 magwell and it can be upsized too .308. It also looks like they have a belt fed .22lr in the works based off the 9mm magwell.

I don't have one but this design sparked my curiosity. My inquiring mind wants to know how it works so I been following some youtube as well as LTAC's own website. To help everyone out, here is what I gathered so far:

1. Given the modular design, ALL calibres use the same lower receiver. Doesn't matter if it's 9mm, 10mm, 45acp, 556/223, 7.62x39, 7.62/308, etc. Doesn't matter if it's Blowback or DI, or some other type of operation in the future.

2. To switch to another calibre, you will need the corresponding proprietary modular portion: Magwell, Upper Receiver, Bolt Carrier, Top Charging handle.

3. There are currently three types of Receiver Length: Standard length (ie. 9mm, 45acp), Mid-length (ie. 556, 7.62x39), Long-length (ie. 7.62NATO, 6.5Creemore).

4. The same goes for Magwell, Bolt Carrier, Top Charging handle.

5. Regarding LRBHO: The Bolt Catch seems somewhat proprietary, but can be ordered separately as both GOLD and PLATINUM features the same receiver. Roughly about $170~ before tax for LTAC's ambi bolt catch parts.

6. As per TNA Q&A, the standard AR bolt catch does fit but... see below quoted from TNA:

"Yes, it fits out of the box however it will rub the bottom of the carrier unless you shave the release button as it touches a contour in the receiver. It still works though and shoots with an OEM AR-15 bolt catch, bolt locks open. On an empty mag the OEM bolt catch roll pin is a bit small though, so a replacement is suggested."

7. The LTAC handguard is captured by the front pivot pin only therefore, might experience some degree of wobbling. But it's very easy to take apart for servicing & cleaning OR switching barrel assembly, so whatever floats your boat.

That's about everything came across my mind that might interest others here, the rest are pretty straight forward to figure out.

Good luck with your build!

not in a million years sorry. I would rather let it rust to pieces before ill turn an ar into a bolt action. And I am never giving it up. I paid for it legally end of story

Back
Top Bottom