Land Rover Series IIa

Mr Wolverine

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I have just acquired a sixties vintage Land Rover, Series IIa. A short wheel base (88 inches) with truck cab and the 4 cylinder petrol engine. She is really my restoration project for next winter. Lots of work to do, I have owned 4 different Series Land Rovers in the UK but that was a long time ago, so lots to try and remember.

Anyone here know of sources for parts, new or used here in Canada? Any one here have a spare parts manual for sale?

I have just acquired a sixties vintage Land Rover, Series IIa. A short wheel base (88 inches) with truck cab and the 4 cylinder petrol engine. She is really my restoration project for next winter. Lots of work to do, I have owned 4 different Series Land Rovers in the UK but that was a long time ago, so lots to try and remember.

Anyone here know of sources for parts, new or used here in Canada? Any one here have a spare parts manual for sale?

This site has a good tech sharing base and a swap/sale section.

https://roverlanders.bc.ca/

Brit part seems the go to for rover parts. Can be a bit hit and miss on quality at times
I had a series II, 88" that i put a rover 200 turbo diesel in. had the ashcroft kit to change the gearing in the transfercase. Worked well

We don't care about Judases anymore. Sell to liberals only. do not bother others.

I don't believe He is judas in any way shape or form, just because it look like or doesn't mean it is. alot of the time we don't know the real true, but quick to point the finger. it is sad to see that, but it happening everywhere not just here.

I've owned a bunch of Rovers over the years including IIa and Series III ones. Prior to covid the best way to get parts was to order directly from the UK because it worked up much cheaper than most North American dealers. Since covid the cost of shipping seems to have become rather high, I'm about to order some parts myself so I guess I'll find out if it is still practical to order from the UK.

I mostly drive to Vermont for big parts from RoverNorth and I ordered directly form UK store most of the time for random parts.

It's such a coincidence, I just bought myself a 1973 Series III as well.

I know nothing about them, but love the classic styling. Good luck on your restoration! Post some pictures when you get a chance!!

Back
Top Bottom