Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the ATF SBR-9 restricted FRT 197619

I still think this should have an external safety selector, it is a rifle so it should have a safety switch. Does anybody else think that or am I completely crazy?

I know that most of these guns will be shot at a range, a mag will be loaded and shot till empty and then put back on a table, so for most people a safety selector is not something that they will need.

But still, I think it should have a safety switch.

Quote Originally Posted by P12 View Post
    I still think this should have an external safety selector, it is a rifle so it should have a safety switch. Does anybody else think that or am I completely crazy?

I know that most of these guns will be shot at a range, a mag will be loaded and shot till empty and then put back on a table, so for most people a safety selector is not something that they will need.

You already have three safeties with Glock. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard. I have ran pistols and levers for years without incident. Train Train Train.

You are overthinking it. Glock are the most used type of gun in the world - both by military and law enforcement and probably by more civilian than those both together. That mechanism is safe by design. Dig into it a bit and you will find put by yourself.

CGN Regular
    Our gun laws are so bizarre that we can buy a restricted 3D printed firearm legally with the serialized frame registered to the owner...however if i wanted to 3D print the exact same firearm myself and register it (like we could with the old 80% lowers), I would be thrown in jail.

Make it make sense.

Good luck IRG with this venture. I hope they sell out!

They requested to refrain from calling it as printed. To get certification I’m sure it can’t be printed. I spoke to cfo office personally and was told that registrar won’t accept printed firearms as it’s lacks strength in long term. It might look like printed as it was a model and really pictures are not out yet.

But I agree laws are really weird. Our government as well.

I really wish they do well. For many who missed the boat on owning handguns this sbr might be the alternative.
    The Rookie. CCFR, CSSA member!

Quote Originally Posted by iloveruger View Post
    They requested to refrain from calling it as printed. To get certification I’m sure it can’t be printed. I spoke to cfo office personally and was told that registrar won’t accept printed firearms as it’s lacks strength in long term. It might look like printed as it was a model and really pictures are not out yet.

But I agree laws are really weird. Our government as well.

I really wish they do well. For many who missed the boat on owning handguns this sbr might be the alternative.
    Like the RCMP idiots know anything about plastics and its suitability for firearms... what a joke...
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote Originally Posted by iloveruger View Post
    I spoke to cfo office personally and was told that registrar won’t accept printed firearms as it’s lacks strength in long term.
    Ah, the ol' "for your safety" bull####. Out of respect for IRG and their business I won't discuss it here.

CGN Regular

You're not crazy. Pistols go in holsters for a very obvious reason.

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    You're not crazy. Pistols go in holsters for a very obvious reason.
    That's what I mean, this rifle will not go into a holster, it will probably be on a sling, and while it is on that sling swinging around, something might get into the trigger guard.

Does putting a Glock pistol on a two-point sling and throwing it across your back and then walking through the bush sound like a safe idea?

I know how a Glock trigger works, I have three of them. When the gun is not in use it is in a holster, not bouncing around on a string.

CGN Regular
    Id like to see NR versions of this (either a long barrel version or a 26" overall .22lr version with a shorter barrel) so i agree it should have some sort of manual safety for those who would be interested in using it outside of an administrative setting.