Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the ATF SBR-9 restricted FRT 197619

Having a massive tilting barrel would seriously make this thing suck, so I'm actually okay with this thing staying short. As for design, this has that awesome near-future look going for it. I'd be in for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Oh, I'm quite familiar with "high end" 3d printers and advanced filament. I just have a natural aversion to buying something I could pound out myself in my garage.
    "High end" to me is any hot end that can accept advanced filaments like carbon fibre. The finish will always have that "3d printed" look no matter what you do to it after.
    Unless you have a $100,000+ metal 3d printer in your garage, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by RK99 View Post
    Unless you have a $100,000+ metal 3d printer in your garage, probably not.
    What are you suggesting? The design irunguns posted is mostly plastic, including that upper shroud, with normal Glock parts (firing mechanism, barrel, slide, etc.) for the metal portions. The design is actually a derivation of the Digital Nimbus Invader PDW, which is something Americans can make in their own homes. We can't because we'd be going to jail for 10-14 years after Bill C-21 passes for even looking at 3D Printed designs, but this thing does not require $100K metal sintering 3D printers.

in for one

Quote Originally Posted by Yaboisharkmouse View Post
    It wouldn't be difficult for a smith to make one. You might run into issues with cycling though because of all of that weight whipping around when the barrel tilts to unlock.
    What if half of the front of the barrel ported, making it a very long muzzle brake? That should reduce some of the weight.

Even if the barrel was 18.6 inches, the stock would have to be non-folding for it to be non-restricted. With a 18.6 inch barrel and a folding stock it would be under 26 inches when folded, which would make it restricted.

I want the one with a short barrel and a folding stock.
    Last edited by P12; 05-17-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Thank you for your interest and feed back.

There is a lot more to the manufacturing process then "pounding it out in your garage" as someone stated.

Given that IRUNGUNS is involved in this, it's falls nothing short of having that wow factor!!!

The manufacturing process is done by our sister company with the help of some lead engineers and state of the art equipment.

This platform was designed to be somewhat futuristic and compact. Great care was given to the reliability and functionality.

The ATF SBR-9 is 100% compatible with all Gen 3 products that are offered for the Glock 17 platforms.

This SBR is accurate, light weight, and a pleasure to shoot.

We will be posting live pics over the next week as well as color options.

Stay tuned!!!

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    IRUNGUNS

Will these also be available south of the border? If so will they be classified as a pistol or "firearm" by the ATF.

Thinking i need one of these in my other residence.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Soooo, where should I send my money ? Or you want my internal organs for payment ? I am cool with both payment methods.

Also please don’t change the look of PDW. Looks awesome

Thumbs up

If there's an all black version, then you've already sold one.

Please provide more specifications about the buffer and spring system. Also, please post pictures of the firearm when field stripped.

Does the folding stock lock in both the open and closed positions?
    Justice is against the law.