Thread: Plinking in loon lake, BC

Plinking in loon lake, BC

I got a property up in Loon Lake, near Clinton, BC. Maybe I知 searching for the wrong thing. But can anyone point me to the legality of discharging fire arms on my property?

If any person willfully discharges or causes to be discharged any firearm upon any public property within 1,000 feet of the property line of any public, private or religious elementary, middle or high school property he shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony, unless he is engaged in lawful hunting.
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Depends on if there’s any discharge bylaws in municipal or regional district regs. All the property along the lake is generally pretty close together, there’s so much crown land past or above the lake on either side though. Head up Hihume or Chasm and find yourself a cutblock or old burn and have at it if there’s a good backstop.

What is the purpose? I think it will depend on your local regulations or laws but hope that you do not use them for malicious purposes. Know the backstop. Good luck.
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbill View Post
    Depends on if there’s any discharge bylaws in municipal or regional district regs. All the property along the lake is generally pretty close together, there’s so much crown land past or above the lake on either side though. Head up Hihume or Chasm and find yourself a cutblock or old burn and have at it if there’s a good backstop.
    Good suggestions, I know the family that runs the fishing resort up hi hium, they’d be fine if you ran into them just be polite
    Everything I post is strictly my opinion.
    Don稚 watch me while I知 doin stuff.
    You can vote your way into communism, but you値l have to shoot your way out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I know when I needed that question answered, I called the municipal and OPP and they both told me the same thing - I was OK as long as my backstop was. I know that this isn't BC, but I'm sure doing this would answer your question. Get the names of the people you talked to on the phone - just in case.....

Quote Originally Posted by Isidore8345 View Post
    What is the purpose? I think it will depend on your local regulations or laws but hope that you do not use them for malicious purposes. Know the backstop. Good luck.
    I think the locality will take the right measures.