Thread: im so happy!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar

im so happy!

I just wanted to pop in and give a HUGE thanks to you guys at ATRS.
    i recently had some work done on my rifle by you guys and it saved my life.
    well, didn't really save my life but it saved me from having to get rid of my hunting rifle that I really want to keep.
    Long story short - years ago I purchased a Browning 300 WSM as my all-around hunting rifle specifically for moose and elk and the odd dear.
    the thing is I love the ballistics of this rifle and I love how it drops game 'right now', but I absolutely HATE how violently this rifle hits my shoulder.
    I tried adding a limb saver and nothing.
    I even tried adding one of those ballistic barrel harmonizing rubber balls onto the barrel, nothing.

I was just about ready to sell off my favourite rifle.
    and then I talked to the guys at ARTS.
    they told me they could thread my rifle and put on one of their custom brakes and then cerecoat it all to match and they claimed it would reduce the recoil by I believe they claimed 54%.

I was skeptical.
    but I had nothing to lose.
    so I dropped off my rifle back in January and let them do their magic.
    i was able to get it back a couple of weeks ago and I was finally able to get out to the range and test it out today......
    OH MY GOD, Becky!
    i was like a kid on Christmas morning!
    I sat there and fired 50 rounds and nothing.... NOTHING!
    no midget with a sledgehammer beating my shoulder up with every shot, no massive bruise after.... nothing!
    it was actually a pleasure to shoot it for once!

Thanks guys!
    you made me a very happy shooter!

Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Brakes work wonders!!!

Especially on semi autos at the cost of being even more loud and very concussive…as well as adding a bit of length and weight (nothing worth worrying over 90% of the time) BUT the cost and install CAN be $$$.

IMO the noise and concussion are also not real big/negative issues as guns are already loud and you should ALWAYS wear ear pro when using them and I don’t shoot benched at the range enough to worry about pissing off someone a seat beside me…to be polite I always move a few sears away from others if I am shooting from the bench tho.

PS those “rubber donuts” are supposed to help with accuracy/consistency by damping the harmonics…they’ve never really caught on big which helps add to my thoughts of them being near useless (and ugly as ####!)
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I had the original muzzle brake Magna-Porting out of SIR now Cabela's in Winnipeg. Most efficient brake. You will want to put a piece of masking tape over the muzzle when hunting to keep snow out. As well I wrapped the gills with the same . Blows off on ignition and doesn't effect accuracy. Mine was on a .338 Win mag. Wouldn't have a brake know as it's easier to just go down to a calibre with recoil you can handle.In your case a 30-06 would have been the cure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    What??!! I can't hear you over the sound of that brake!
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

I’m a believer as well. My REM 700 in .300 win mag was a pretty hard recoil rifle before I had a brake installed. Yep, it’s louder now but for that one shot at a moose, I can’t remember if I heard the shot or not, lol

The advantages out way the disadvantages for me and I wear ear protection when shooting it and respect the firing line if others are close by. My hearing is shot from decades in aviation so another loud noise with electronic muffs on won’t be a concern.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    I just wanted to pop in and give a HUGE thanks to you guys at ATRS.
    i recently had some work done on my rifle by you guys and it saved my life.
    well, didn't really save my life but it saved me from having to get rid of my hunting rifle that I really want to keep.
    Long story short - years ago I purchased a Browning 300 WSM as my all-around hunting rifle specifically for moose and elk and the odd dear.
    the thing is I love the ballistics of this rifle and I love how it drops game 'right now', but I absolutely HATE how violently this rifle hits my shoulder.
    I tried adding a limb saver and nothing.
    I even tried adding one of those ballistic barrel harmonizing rubber balls onto the barrel, nothing.

I was just about ready to sell off my favourite rifle.
    and then I talked to the guys at ARTS.
    they told me they could thread my rifle and put on one of their custom brakes and then cerecoat it all to match and they claimed it would reduce the recoil by I believe they claimed 54%.

I was skeptical.
    but I had nothing to lose.
    so I dropped off my rifle back in January and let them do their magic.
    i was able to get it back a couple of weeks ago and I was finally able to get out to the range and test it out today......
    OH MY GOD, Becky!
    i was like a kid on Christmas morning!
    I sat there and fired 50 rounds and nothing.... NOTHING!
    no midget with a sledgehammer beating my shoulder up with every shot, no massive bruise after.... nothing!
    it was actually a pleasure to shoot it for once!

Thanks guys!
    you made me a very happy shooter!

Thank you for the kind words!