Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ammunition and Customer Service Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Off topics..not my idea for the baffes..was reporting Club decision and the CFO written policy given to Club about steel jacket - core ammo. Written black on white on Club agreement - not allowed. Club dealed with idiots shooting at it too thereafter.

I can have my opinions on it - as you do, and this, that some like it or not.
    My advises worth yours any day.
    I'm not against the baffle ranges, never was. I shoot at one.. It's your ability to not acknowledge that it is the idiots fault shooting them and not just the ammo fault. That I have an issue was.

People have to aim up there or set their targets Incorrectly to have the many years if neglect, that I seen. If the bullets hit the berm like they're suppose to, ammo not gonna damage the baffles.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Can you believe than even after the repair..we got from shooters, after they are been told to put their target in the frame, so bullets impact in the berm, comments like : baffles are made to stop bullets…

Baffles are there to stop a stray bullet not for continuous shooting.
    That parts was taking care off with the org - club.

For the ammo - CFO reminded the Club that no steel core or steel jacket bullet must not be used at the club’ranges. No choice was given there.

I was part of the crew who did the teardown - repair and re-certification of that range. Was there also for the CFO inspection and autorisation to re-open it. Took 3 weeks to do so by volunteers, that took their own time to do it.
    So it is what it is today.

I don’ have to acknowledge anything. Many believe they are cracks shot - most can’t shoot. Plenty of holes in baffes and destroyed targets frame to prove it.
    Last edited by Janeau; 05-31-2023 at 08:53 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicrash View Post
    People buy nice CZ and Howa rifles in 7.62x39 so they can shoot the cheapest crap ammo... that mentality is definitely out there.
    I’m one of those guys.

It’s a risk a guy takes when shooting cheap ammo, it’s even more risky shooting cheap remanufactured ammo. Id say it’s like buying a used car - there maybe some gremlins or issues waiting to pop out.

It’s a risk you take
    Last edited by ReverendX; 05-31-2023 at 11:24 PM.

Two rounds down the pipe on a new rifle, both with issues but thousands of rounds sold and no other reports? Has to be the ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Why listen to his advise. His idea to stop damage to the overhead baffles, is to ban steel core/jacketed ammo. Not do anything about the idiots aiming at the baffles, and testing the safety net. He showed years of neglect but it's the ammo fault and not the shooters. A serious issue he refuse to acknowledge. Since then, any advice he spews goes into the Sunray files.
    How do you fix idiots? Full time supervision? That's expensive and won't work for most private clubs.

The steel core bans come straight from the cfo, not from any clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    How do you fix idiots? Full time supervision? That's expensive and won't work for most private clubs.

The steel core bans come straight from the cfo, not from any clubs.
    We have cameras and constantly check the baffles. So if there is an impact. We find out who and take administrative action. Suspension, back on probation. Sometimes removal of the club. Yes I shoot at a baffle range. Seems to work pretty good, with the small staff.

Yes I'm well aware the CFO is who made the decision. But he still could not grasp that to damage the baffles, a idiot has to shoot up there. The plates looked like swiss cheese. So it was years of neglect. Ammo is just a small part of a problem. The huge part is the idiot shooters. Examples must be made.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    Closing this thread due to off-topic conversation.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456