Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition and Customer Service Issues

WM's clarification showcased critical info was omitted by OP. Possibly to make sure he had the strongest case on here (11yr old second-hand reloaded ammo?! Cmon). Afaik, we don't know the full story and it would be unprofessional of WM to leak the entire "series" of emails to the public to clear their name on this forum. Worse comes to worse, maybe they need to make a video or a full length post explain the entire situation. But like someone else pointed out, this is all coming from a single source. Maybe if there was an onslaught of other members sharing a similar experience I'd be more willing to side with OP. But too little is known from either side to truly know who's in the right or wrong. (Imo both are prolly in the wrong to varying degrees XD)

In the grand scheme of things, a good rule of thumb is don't shoot reloaded ammo you bought in something expensive/priceless if you don't 389% trust it. And keep your receipts :P

This is good drama though ngl

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlemon View Post
    I see this Janeau guy talk down on people for the majority of the posts he makes.

He's a real character.
    It wouldn't be so bad if he made valid points. But he just spews gibberish. If you are going to be a jerk at least be correct and on point while being a jerk
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Infantry View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if he made valid points. But he just spews gibberish. If you are going to be a jerk at least be correct and on point while being a jerk
    Some valid points, especially signing a waiver from CADEX.

That's an unsettling thought running through your mind at every trigger pull.

Buying used ammo is dicey, who knows where it's been stored.

Buying private label ammo , whom the private label buys from the cheapest possible place with who knows what for quality control is also dicey

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Some valid points, especially signing a waiver from CADEX.

That's an unsettling thought running through your mind at every trigger pull.

Buying used ammo is dicey, who knows where it's been stored.

Buying private label ammo , whom the private label buys from the cheapest possible place with who knows what for quality control is also dicey

Totally have to agree, not saying what WM did from a business practice/ customer service point of view was right, but I can see the other side of this to.

Who breaks in a barrel with reloads/privately ammunition?

Maybe it’s just me.

I also can see the side where WM can’t even validate those rounds are the ones they sold. A lot can happen in 10 years, hell when I reload I tend to reuse old packaging and cartons. What’s to say that wasn’t a box someone hand loaded a little too hot, just because their name is on the box the round came out of doesn’t mean it was a factory round.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Caveat Emptor

when buying reloads

Yah puts your money down, yah takes your chances
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

BANNED
    Shooting Edge or Shooting Center?

WM records show the last batch they sold was 12 years ago, even though the claim is this was purchased 4 years ago?

There is no receipt on this transaction?

My question is this - why did the vendor sell reloaded ammo that was 8 years old?
    Last edited by ReverendX; 05-31-2023 at 09:25 AM.

I guess this post goes against forum rules and I have been asked to delete my posts.

Western Metal, you can delete this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Infantry View Post
    Why listen to his advise. His idea to stop damage to the overhead baffles, is to ban steel core/jacketed ammo. Not do anything about the idiots aiming at the baffles, and testing the safety net. He showed years of neglect but it's the ammo fault and not the shooters. A serious issue he refuse to acknowledge. Since then, any advice he spews goes into the Sunray files.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    Shooting Edge or Shooting Center?

WM records show the last batch they sold was 12 years ago, even though the claim is this was purchased 4 years ago?

There is no receipt on this transaction?

My question is this - why did the vendor sell reloaded ammo that was 8 years old?
    Why not, I'm still shooting WWII ammo!!!
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

I have used a fair bit of WM ammo in the past with no issues. I found it to be good but have found the prices to be a bit higher than I would like in recent years. Next sale I see I would not hesitate to buy myself.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast