Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smokey Days at The Creek - Spy Balloons and Suspicious Smogs.. and a few deals

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy1014 View Post
    I still think the Ft Mac fire was done deliberately
    More and more evidence pouring out all of these fires are being coordinated. It's not 'chance' or 'climate change '.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSSONE View Post
    Is there even such a thing as journalism anymore? It's all BS to try to make people scared. It's funny because right before this I went out in the shop and did a "wellness check" on the guys. Even way down here in southern ontario they are talking about the smoke.......we were all laughing about it so I wanted to make sure everyone was doing ok.....lol.

Everything is a major global crisis if you watch the news these days. Never is it just going to snow...it's always a panic crazy snow storm!!!!!! its not just dry and we are having a bunch of forest fires and that really sucks........its climate change and this and that and every other f**king thing.

I prefer to just go home to my 1 acre plot of land and engage the bubble.
    You act like this is new. The 24 hour news cycle is 30 years old, and the term "if it bleeds it leads" was coined in like 1898 - 125 years ago! Literally my entire adult life the news has been filled with stories that do a poor job of representing the real world, and instead are sensational pieces designed to scare viewers.

Just look at how most people think about Los Angeles and New York City - if you just follow the news you'd think they're crime ridden hell holes, but if you look at the actual numbers you'd see they are nowhere near the most dangerous cities in America - this list includes 65 cities and neither NYC or LA are even on the list. In fact LA's homocide rate (~5/100k) was less than half that of the #65 spot, and less than 10% the rate of the top 3 cities. NYC was only 2.9/100k, almost half of what LA's was at the time: https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mur...st-u-s-cities/
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Considering this is posted in a retailers subfourm. So what does this have to do with the business?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Considering this is posted in a retailers subfourm. So what does this have to do with the business?
    It looks like an organic conversation based on their first post.... if a person wants to use their subforum to open a rabbit hole so be it.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSSONE View Post
    Is there even such a thing as journalism anymore? It's all BS to try to make people scared. It's funny because right before this I went out in the shop and did a "wellness check" on the guys. Even way down here in southern ontario they are talking about the smoke.......we were all laughing about it so I wanted to make sure everyone was doing ok.....lol.

Everything is a major global crisis if you watch the news these days. Never is it just going to snow...it's always a panic crazy snow storm!!!!!! its not just dry and we are having a bunch of forest fires and that really sucks........its climate change and this and that and every other f**king thing.

I prefer to just go home to my 1 acre plot of land and engage the bubble.
    I figure the MSM has about 5 minutes to get their s h i t together and go out with a minimum amount of dignity, before they are replaced with AI

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I figure the MSM has about 5 minutes to get their s h i t together and go out with a minimum amount of dignity, before they are replaced with AI
    How is AI going to replace news media in the short term? Sure, you can replace news anchors with AI, but news anchors just read the news, they're not the ones actually producing the content. AIs like ChatGPT can't do on-the-ground reporting, and without on-the-ground reporting there won't be any source data for the AI to pull from?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    It looks like an organic conversation based on their first post.... if a person wants to use their subforum to open a rabbit hole so be it.
    Doesnt look like the business started it.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    2020, the year where travel was heavily restricted and thus camping became the thing everyone was doing? The year that every ATV, motorbike, boat, etc sold out everywhere, because people were spending the money they'd usually use to go to Mexico or Europe on outdoor activities in their own backyard instead? The great outdoors was the one place where covid restrictions and lockdowns had little impact. I camp a lot, and I can assure you the woods were packed in my part of the country.

I don't have stats for Canada specifically, but KOA estimates over 10 million American households tried camping for the first time in 2020, whereas the 5 years preceding 2020 averaged only 2 million per year.
    In my post you quoted i said i dont care about what anyone is arguing, i was just clarifying the guys claim. There were less wildfires in 2020. The guy made the implication that this is because radical environmentalists have been starting the fires, and that they were most likely to strictly adhere to stay at home guidelines. You dont need to respond to this because again, im not making any claims, simply pointing out what the fellow said and what youre arguing are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    How is AI going to replace news media in the short term? Sure, you can replace news anchors with AI, but news anchors just read the news, they're not the ones actually producing the content. AIs like ChatGPT can't do on-the-ground reporting, and without on-the-ground reporting there won't be any source data for the AI to pull from?

If everyone around the world is posting their thoughts and observations online there is no longer a huge need to go out and find the stories.... and when it comes to manufactured consent,propaganda and disinformation... way easier and cheaper to just get a machine to pump out the BS instead of paying people to do the dirty work.

Soon stories like the Russian hooker's peeing on The Donald in the same bed that Obummer slept in, won't just be a BS disinformation attempt by Swamp creatures.... they will have the high definition video proof to show us, even though it never happened.

We are headed towards a post truth reality where believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear will simply be, believe nothing.

Even chat GPT could probably tell us who blew the dam in the Russian controlled former Ukraine.... it's pretty easy to figure out soley on who benefits, but when you add in the fact that the Ukrainian forces talked about possibly using the dam as a weapon last year and even ran training exercises to make sure they could reliably hit it with NATO supplied Himar's.... well like I said any decent journalist following the story could figure out who did it. Yet watching CBC I see "experts" suggesting that Russia is to blame for this cruel attack that will likely not change the course of the war but ruin hundreds of thousands of people's lives for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Doesnt look like the business started it.
    I just noticed that, it sort of reads like a prelude with the last part clearly stating,

STAND BY FOR THE DEALS IN SUBSEQUENT POSTS

I get the feeling they know each other or are somehow in cahoots.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast