Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Blackburn View Post
    Personally, I like the versatile Mossberg 500. However, choosing a shotgun is a very individual matter and depends on your preferences, size, comfort, and shooting style. I think you should try them on in your nearest store to choose the right one. Also, you did not indicate for what purposes the purchase is planned, I mean it will be hunting, or sports shooting, or something else. The main thing is that this should not be a school shooting because some people ruthlessly abuse weapons, including in such cases. In college, I read research paper topics at https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/school-shooting/, showing the need for strict control over access to firearms. Although I am sure that you are responsible for possessing weapons.

My question is why would you post that link on here that you supposedly read in college ? I never even clicked on it . do you not think that we some of the most Legit and Law abiding people who walk this earth need to read such dribble ? thank you but no thank you.

I managed to find a used BPS for $500. Granted it was from 1984 and has a fixed choke but it's still a great gun!

With a $700 budget, you can get any of the ones that you had mentioned but be sure to get them in a two barrel combo package. I would recomend a 16" fixed barrel along with a 24" barrel with changable chokes. Here in Canada, the 870 has the most aftermarket parts but I personally like the lock up and release of the SXP and the loading gate of the 500. Having said that, for every day use around the farm I have an 870 Express Tactical on the quad because it is build like a tank. You might want the first shotgun to be one that you can use forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Blackburn View Post
    Personally, I like the versatile Mossberg 500. However, choosing a shotgun is a very individual matter and depends on your preferences, size, comfort, and shooting style. I think you should try them on in your nearest store to choose the right one. Also, you did not indicate for what purposes the purchase is planned, I mean it will be hunting, or sports shooting, or something else. The main thing is that this should not be a school shooting because some people ruthlessly abuse weapons, including in such cases. In college, I read research paper topics at https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/school-shooting/, showing the need for strict control over access to firearms. Although I am sure that you are responsible for possessing weapons.
    Bill, have you been drinking?

This blog was very nicely formatted; it maintained a flow from the first word to the last. **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Geez, either CGN is drunker than usual or the bots in this thread are more literate than usual.

CGN Regular DancesWithEmptyCasings's Avatar
    Remington 870 all day long
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature. It may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Just ordered the Taiga Wolverine XM Pump Shotgun, 12 Gauge, 10" Barrel , great home defense shotgun and hunting once you add the 13" barrel extension , only downside is not much aftermarkets for it and its only a 3+1 , may as well learn with the SBS anything after that is a breeze , i learned with a sawed off and loved it

Gauge: 12 Gauge
    Action: Pump action foldable
    Barrel Length: 10” (Comes with 13.5" Barrel Extension with door breacher choke)
    Feed In: Manual
    Forend: Synthetic
    Front Sight: Fiber front sight
    Receiver Material: 7075 Aluminum
    Capacity: 3+1
    Stock: Synthetic
    Chokes: 5
    Safety: Manual (Folding stock also acts as a safety - gun will not fire when adjustable stock is folded forward)
    Weight: 2.7 lbs
    Overall Length: 32"

https://www.bullseyenorth.com/shop/t...july-1st-30575

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123