Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Shotgun

First Shotgun

I have about a $700 budget I can use to purchase my first shotgun. I have been looking at winchester SXPs, mossberg maverick 88, and benelli novas etc etc on cabelas and browsing my local gun store but I just can't decide. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I personally like the browning bps. Bottom feed and ejection. Has a safe unload tab to unload the magazine without racking the shotgun. And is built like a tank there are nothing wrong with the ones you've looked at. Best you can do is go to a store and shoulder some of them as the fit of the shotgun is the most important part. Should feel like it points and fits in your shoulder naturally. Pick the one you think fits best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupor View Post
    I have about a $700 budget I can use to purchase my first shotgun. I have been looking at winchester SXPs, mossberg maverick 88, **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**, and benelli novas etc etc on cabelas and browsing my local gun store but I just can't decide. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction?
    There are many good shotguns available for under $700. Here are some of the best ones according to:

Mossberg 590A1 is the best for seriously hard use.
    Remington 870 Police Magnum is the best for an all-around pump-action.
    Stoeger Industries Coach is the best classic double barrel.

Im in the same position and looking for one and I was considering grabbing a benelli nova or a used supernova. Seems like they are reliable and easy to use plus they will hold their value if I decide to sell them down the line and upgrade to something else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Remington 870 ! Been around for ever . Comes in all kinds of different configurations ! Just my 2 cents !

I have been looking at the Winchester SXP Defender. I like the looks of it and feels good in my hands. I also like the Benelli Supernova however I have yet to put my hands on one. The Benelli looks good and it is a trusted brand. My first shotgun that I bought and yet to fire is the Beretta 1301. I liked the reviews on it and a friend owns one, he highly recommended it. I prefer to save a little extra money and get what I want versus settling and shopping within a budget. All the above suggestions seem like safe choices. Do some research and if you can put your hands on it and see how it feels, when you get the warm fuzzies you found the shotgun for you.

Maverick 88 is a great shotgun. And you'll have money leftover for shells.
    Greed, deception, abuse of power? That's no plan.
    - Edgar Friendly

Weak men cannot handle power. It will either crush them, or they will use it to crush others
    - Jocelyn Murray

GunNutz
    I purchased a 12 gauge Weatherby Element this past year. Love it. No issues; been reliable.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lauryfriese View Post
    It is important to approach buying a firearm with a great deal of responsibility and care. Firearms can be dangerous and it's important to ensure that you have the proper training, licensing, and safety equipment before handling a firearm. Additionally, laws and regulations regarding firearms vary by location, so it's important to be familiar with the laws in your area and to purchase any firearms from a reputable and licensed dealer. I encourage you to do your own research and consult with experts in the field to make an informed decision.
    ChatGPT entered the chat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lauryfriese View Post
    It is important to approach buying a firearm with a great deal of responsibility and care. Firearms can be dangerous and it's important to ensure that you have the proper training, licensing, and safety equipment before handling a firearm. Additionally, laws and regulations regarding firearms vary by location, so it's important to be familiar with the laws in your area and to purchase any firearms from a reputable and licensed dealer. I encourage you to do your own research and consult with experts in the field to make an informed decision.
    Hello Justin , is that you ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast