Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI AT-X rifle review by Epik Arms.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Looks like someone was having a bad day. The video was decent. Not hugely in-depth but you covered all the basics. I would however want better accuracy than that though. I would expect easily sub .5, especially for 3 round groups. Worth combing the forums for ammo the particular rifle likes before the review? Just a thought.

Anyone looking at buying a rifle in that price range will watch every and anything they can on it. Let’s face it most of us do that even for budget items! The research is part of the fun.

Not my type of rifle. But like you mentioned if someone is looking for a factory out of the box PRS rifle.

By the way I have a number of the Discovery ED scopes. Bought them prior to your review on them. In full agreement about their value. The previous 3-15 ED were excellent too ( newest version I don’t like as much). A number of months ago I bought some of the Discovery EDL 5-40 scopes for s few target/varmint rifles. Anyways appreciated the discovery optic review.

Appreciate the time and effort put in. Thsnks.
    The video was a good review but the groupings were definitely showing poorly matched ammo.

While not the identical gun (but pretty much the same ) I had an AI AX that completed the sub MOA 300 yd 10 shot challenge with the factory barrel and 2 Insite barrels.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    The video was a good review but the groupings were definitely showing poorly matched ammo.

While not the identical gun (but pretty much the same ) I had an AI AX that completed the sub MOA 300 yd 10 shot challenge with the factory barrel and 2 Insite barrels.
    Oh I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. View Post
    Who's selling it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4me View Post
    I saw one on display at GoTenda
    Really..... Really?

These rifles are for sale at Wolverine Supplies here:
    https://wolverinesupplies.com/shop?S...s=%5BRIFLES%5D

Or ask for one, from us, at your favorite local dealer!
    Adapt or Die CGN. Adapt or die.
    If you have any questions please reach out: Phone: (204) 748-2454 E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com

keymod on the magazine well wtf lol
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    keymod on the magazine well wtf lol
    I know, you wee referring to the weird location.
    But AI uses Keyslot not keymod. Keymod accessories won’t work. Unless they recently changed this which is unlikely as they would just have gone mlok if not sticking to their proprietary system.

I like the AI rifles just the more military versions not the PRS ones. Still nice rifles. Almost bought one a few times. Some day.

thanks for the feedback, Ill keep that in mind for future videos.
    yeah for the ED-PRS thats why I decided on import and selling them here, great value for canadians! and its what ive been running in rimfire PS matches this year. also they came out with a Gen2 ed-prs, smaller focus parallax wheel... i preffere the gen1 for that other than that its basically all the same. how do you like the 5-40 its adjustment is 1/20 of a mil adjustment hence why i didn't bother with it

Quote Originally Posted by alexrichads View Post
    yeah for the ED-PRS thats why I decided on import and selling them here, great value for canadians! and its what ive been running in rimfire PS matches this year. also they came out with a Gen2 ed-prs, smaller focus parallax wheel... i preffere the gen1 for that other than that its basically all the same. how do you like the 5-40 its adjustment is 1/20 of a mil adjustment hence why i didn't bother with it
    Just mounted it on a Winchester M70 heavy varmint in 308. Seems to be comparable to the 5-25 only with more magnification. I haven’t tried testing the optics in low light etc. The 35mm rings were harder to find and a bit more expensive. I needed mediums and the ones that come with it are highs. Looking forward to shooting with it.

A couple of things I’ve noticed with the 5-25 and 5-40 ED scopes:

1) with a 90 degree ( 2 lug) bolt throw, the magnification lever gets in the way at 5x. You need to be at 6x or it will block the bolt from cycling. Easy solutions are don’t use 5x, or take it off once the ring has worked in so it’s not so tight. Or use in Tikka with 70 degree or actions with 60 or less ( 3 lug) .

2) Some reviewers have wondered about the back scope cap not being a flip up and asked why. Easy, you get a wide view and small black ring for the scope housing. Flip up gives you a larger ring and perceived smaller view.

3) The rear scope cap fits on the left side illumination knob when not in use. At least for the 5-25 and 5-40 but not for the 3-15 ED.

The 5-40 looks good to me but I’ll have to spend more time with it. Just mounted one on a rifle a few days ago. Haven’t shot with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alexrichads View Post
    I forgot to add that the eye relief on the 5-40x is slightly greater. Won’t make a difference for eye relief on big boomers but does give you that needed bit of extra for positioning the scope. With the ED PRS and the Arken EP5 I tend to have the rear scope ring just in front of the body of the scope with no room to move back further. Fortunately that works for me. However the 40x gives you a bit more space so you aren’t right up against the scope body with the rear ring.

The 1:20 doesn’t bother me. This is target scope rather than a PRS scope. It’s the old 1:4 vs 1:8 moa argument. In some cases I preferred the 1:8 moa vs 1:4 if using a target rifle. Just depends on the rifle and purpose. For bench target, rim fire target and varminting I would actually consider the 1:20 over the 1:10.

I have one mounted on an old m70 target rifle and now a gen 1 5R milspec in a Cadex comp lite chassis. Also Rem 223 VSF2 in a Cadex chassis.

The rings.. I like the tops but look wise the body of the rings looks mediocre. Right now hard to get anything reasonable in 35mm. I dressed up some of my 5-25 PRs 34mm in Arken halo rings. Very nice especially for $80. Only criticism are their heights, mediums are ok height wise but I still prefer 1.18 and they are 1.26. If you don’t have an adjustable cheek piece it makes them not suitable.

Anyways, sort for the thread derail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12