BCL TRX Bronco Howitzer .308Win 9.5" Non-Restricted

I can't even imagine how loud these will be!!!! I had the 16" in 223 and with that brake on it, it almost rang your ears with good hearing protection on! My buddy was behind me with his good ear protection on when I shot it. He had never seen it shot before, and he jumped, it was so loud!

I have a 16" Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39, and it was the same without any muzzle device on it, almost rang your ears with good hearing protection on. I had to buy an inline compensator to force the sound to go downrange. Works well. They should all come with such a muzzle device!!!! 308 would be rudely loud! There is no reason why they can't put a better muzzle device on them!

I can't even imagine how loud these will be!!!! I had the 16" in 223 and with that brake on it, it almost rang your ears with good hearing protection on! My buddy was behind me with his good ear protection on when I shot it. He had never seen it shot before, and he jumped, it was so loud!

I have a 16" Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39, and it was the same without any muzzle device on it, almost rang your ears with good hearing protection on. I had to buy an inline compensator to force the sound to go downrange. Works well. They should all come with such a muzzle device!!!! 308 would be rudely loud! There is no reason why they can't put a better muzzle device on them!

A linear compensator does makes a lot of sense, I would imagine BCL could probably make one that blends well and works with their short barrel guns.

Hopefully NS is providing feedback from gun owners on social media that BCL can use to increase their profits and customer service........

I love the concept of this rifle. In my opinion, 308 loses too much velocity going so much below a 16 inch barrel. You are getting energy similar to a 30-30, so not terrible but an unfortunate loss. I would like to see this rifle eventually in 8.6 Blackout and ship with the proprietary 20 round mags. That would make a truly amazing back country compact rifle. Just my thoughts.

My 12.5 inch 308 Bronco shoots 180gr Sako ammo at a little over 1/2 MOA at 100 yards for 3 shots. Impressive. Amazing truck/treestand rifle. Muzzle blast is not as bad as you would think. I will chrono it soon.

I handled one at a retailer a couple months ago. I passed because of the safety.

If you fold it with the safety off, the bump tab on the stock impacts the safety directly. And the safety is not very robust.

I’d say a couple of bumps and it’s going to bend or break.

57ba3b696f7eb560a05a86c833e4e409--pinterest-memes-imperator-furiosa.jpg

I handled one at a retailer a couple months ago. I passed because of the safety.

If you fold it with the safety off, the bump tab on the stock impacts the safety directly. And the safety is not very robust.

I’d say a couple of bumps and it’s going to bend or break.

That's good to know,thanks!

Back
Top Bottom