Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 5.56 rifle right now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    The used market is broken, guys are selling used stuff more than the brand new price, it's absolutely insane.
    Can't argue with you too much there. Some people don't price their items for what you or I might deem a reasonable price. But if you're vigilant, you'll find that some people do. I've seen X95's listed for 2300$ before. They move fast though so a guys gotta check often and be ready to pounce when they show up.

Anyone share thoughts on the type 97?
    Haven’t heard much about them other than trigger sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Toyvw View Post
    Anyone share thoughts on the type 97?
    Haven’t heard much about them other than trigger sucks
    I really want one but they're not in stock anywhere except the used market.

I was wondering if there are any Canadian models that are worth getting like the MCR, Sterling Arms, the Raven...etc

I fired a t97 quite a bit this past weekend. My brother in law swears by it. Gen 3 , nothing wrong with it, he takes terrible care of it, only cleans it every 500-1000 rounds and it goes boom every time, surprisingly accurate too. I will be purchasing one once funds are available. Even used they seem to be quite reliable and desirable, can find them on here and GP for 1000-1500 average around 1300 I’ve seen.
    Everything I post is strictly my opinion.
    Don’t watch me while I’m doin stuff.
    You can vote your way into communism, but you’ll have to shoot your way out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    The Sterling R18 is apparently decent.

I just ran my new BCL Siberian in its first 3-gun match, it ran flawless. I like the ergonomics. I had my doubts about BCL (NEA), but I figured I'd pick one of these up just for the hell of it, and see if they've improved like people have been saying they had. It's solid, seems well built, all the fasteners lined up with their respective holes/dimples/whatever, and were all tightened properly and had thread locker applied. The trigger is junk, but it's a standard milspec trigger, so no surprises there. The trigger guard/grip intersection is sharp and terrible, and the grip itself kinda sucks. I'd recommend putting a new grip on it. But other than that, nice gun. 100% I'd recommend one over a WK/MCR.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    I’m a fan of HK SL8. It’s a good benchrest rifle. Due to being primarily polymer with a heavy profile barrel it balances a bit weird and front heavy so shooting off hand feels weird. With a rest I find it shot PMC bronze in about 1.25in at 100m. I imagine it could do better with hand loads. I will point out it is marked as a .223 so 5.56mm is probably a no no depending on how you feel about that topic. I will note the 5.56 I have tried shot like 2in or bigger at 100m.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmatt View Post
    I fired a t97 quite a bit this past weekend. My brother in law swears by it. Gen 3 , nothing wrong with it, he takes terrible care of it, only cleans it every 500-1000 rounds and it goes boom every time, surprisingly accurate too. I will be purchasing one once funds are available. Even used they seem to be quite reliable and desirable, can find them on here and GP for 1000-1500 average around 1300 I’ve seen.
    Lots
    For sale…just no one ever replies when you message them for one. I’m on the prowl for one though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    H&K SL8 is what you want

https://www.gotenda.com/product/heck...on-restricted/
    select free shipping
    Last edited by SigWig; 11-06-2023 at 11:11 PM.

CGN Regular
    save money get a bren or x95. Avoid any cope canadian guns unless you like to fix things and dealing with warranty.

SL8 - There are a couple for sale on EE which look nice. I love my SL8, its just a bit heavy

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast