Thread: Should I bed my Savage 110 FCP-K 308 upon reassembly?

Should I bed my Savage 110 FCP-K 308 upon reassembly?

Hi Team, I am about to tear down my savage to paint it for this coming hunting season and was wondering if I should also be bedding the stock when I re-assemble? It shoots 1/2" MOA all day long " as is, and has the aluminum bed already... Im worried if that is worth trying to improve upon with bedding or should I just leave it as is and get more range time in.
    I am hoping to take a PRS course this fall and sub MOA is all they require.
    Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Trazor; 06-15-2023 at 06:55 PM. Reason: more info

CGN Regular
    Action bedding a Savage 10 / 110 is a PITA. Not as simple as a Remington 700. I have done a few Remingtons and the first savage I did took a lot of Putty. Lots of nooks and crannies.

YMMV but if it shoots 1/2 moa I would leave it as is.

Thanks for the advice Markit. I'll leave it as is until my ammo starts drifting...

Uber Super GunNutz
    "Bedding" is the fit between the stock and the action - adding epoxy is one way to get a really snug fit, among many alternative ways. Sounds like you have that one about as good as it gets - you are much more likely to end up as "worse" results, than to improve them. Even re-assembly and torque specs going to be a challenge for you to get back to where you say that you are now.
    The DEVIL caught me with my head down, and thought he had won - until I said "AMEN"!