SBI ST-22 - 10/22 Receiver

Once our new barrels arrive we will have a slightly cheaper option. We will also offer barreled receivers with these barrels which will allow people to build a rifle to their own specifications.

Our goal with our rifles is to provide an extremely high quality platform. The reality is we will never be competing to the bottom and we never want to reinforce the perception that Canadian made rifles can't be world class. If you want a cheap gun just buy a standard Ruger 10/22. It's gonna go bang, but as we all know they are crudely made. If you want a super accurate go fast gun, pay to play and buy ours.

That's good to hear, I'd be more interested in a barreled action. I think that's a happy medium, I don't need a CF barrel, don't want a chassis that NGL I find kind of ugly, but want something more than a standard 10/22. Willing to pay more than for a standard 10/22 but not up to $1600 for things I don't want.

It looks from the pictures like the recoil spring is fairly easy to swap.

Does the charging handle assembly preclude the use of a lightweight recoil spring for reliable use with standard velocity .22?

It looks from the pictures like the recoil spring is fairly easy to swap.

Does the charging handle assembly preclude the use of a lightweight recoil spring for reliable use with standard velocity .22?

You can swap springs. The whole assembly is held together by a screw. The included spring is designed to work reliably with SV and HV ammo.

Any issues with scope use and ambi charging handle?

The charging handle sits flush with the rail so no, it wont interfere as long as it is mounted correctly,
If for some reason your scope sticks further behind the receiver, then the clearance will depend on the size of the scope and height of the rings

Will KIDD or Volquartsen barrel fit into this receiver?

Are you planning to make complete rifle with a tri-fluted barrel?

Do you have any accuracy results of the ST-22 Raptor Match 16 with pencil barrel and which ammo did it like the most?

Will KIDD or Volquartsen barrel fit into this receiver?

Are you planning to make complete rifle with a tri-fluted barrel?

Do you have any accuracy results of the ST-22 Raptor Match 16 with pencil barrel and which ammo did it like the most?
Yes Kidd or Vq barrels fit our receivers. Like all barrels (Especially TacSol) some might need fitting.

Tri-flute barrels are not going to be available again, so no we're not doing any more rifles with them.

Eley Contact is my preferred ammo and I get about 0.75 MOA at 50m with it, but YMMV based on your abilities and optics.

Yes Kidd or Vq barrels fit our receivers. Like all barrels (Especially TacSol) some might need fitting.

Tri-flute barrels are not going to be available again, so no we're not doing any more rifles with them.

Eley Contact is my preferred ammo and I get about 0.75 MOA at 50m with it, but YMMV based on your abilities and optics.
Thanks, I ordered one of last two ST-22 Raptors at Select Shooting Supplies. Nobody else seems to have it in stock.

What are the torque specs for all the screws on it (take down screw, RSS threaded pin screws, v-block screws)?

Thanks, I ordered one of last two ST-22 Raptors at Select Shooting Supplies. Nobody else seems to have it in stock.

What are the torque specs for all the screws on it (take down screw, RSS threaded pin screws, v-block screws)?
25 in-lbs for v-block and take down screws. Snug for the RSS pin, torque doesn't matter much on those due to how the force is transmitted.

I recommend never taking the v-block off unless you're changing the barrel. There's no need to do it for normal maintenance.

As for inventory... Our latest run of barrels was delayed due a nitriding plant exploding. More guns will be available across Canada soon!

Back
Top Bottom