Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consignment Surplus

If the drill purpose stock doesn’t have the cut you will have to lower the side. The question I have is does the sporter your getting have a full length barrel ?
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snider shooter View Post
    If the drill purpose stock doesn’t have the cut you will have to lower the side. The question I have is does the sporter your getting have a full length barrel ?
    The one I bought says:

CONSIGNMENT Lee Enfield No4 Mk3 BA .303 Brit 25"/635mm 10-Round - Good Condition

I’m excited to see what I get.

Got a Sporterized Lee-Enfield from them rated in poor condition for $100. When I got it, the action was smooth, it only had a little bit of surface discolourization, the stock itself was in good shape and the barrel was about 80% shot out.

I also grabbed a .45ACP Rhineland Arms kit for it so I'm pretty much happy as a clam to get a bolt-action .45acp for about $400. Now just have to find a gunsmith to make me a new locking collar so that I can throw on a AR-15 Mlok handguard on to it....

i guess thats the gamble. do you email/call to ask for more details, meanwhile risking someone else buying the gun you wanted? or do you take the plunge and see what you get.

for those prices im willing to roll the dice
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Usually , most consignment firearms do not have any warranty, and are non returnable as the vendor does not own the firearm . Really a roll of the dice as you may get a smoking hot deal , or you might end up getting a firearm that is only good as a club as the owner wanted to sell via consignment , and avoid any blow back from a buyer ; so whatever you get , it is now your good fortune , or your problem .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

it's like gambling, never bet what you can't afford to lose. everyone should report back to this thread when they receiver their guns and state if they got a bargain or a lemon.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Quote Originally Posted by GrimRX View Post
    Got a Sporterized Lee-Enfield from them rated in poor condition for $100. When I got it, the action was smooth, it only had a little bit of surface discolourization, the stock itself was in good shape and the barrel was about 80% shot out.

I also grabbed a .45ACP Rhineland Arms kit for it so I'm pretty much happy as a clam to get a bolt-action .45acp for about $400. Now just have to find a gunsmith to make me a new locking collar so that I can throw on a AR-15 Mlok handguard on to it....
    Are these kits easy to install?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Are these kits easy to install?
    That's gonna be something you'll have to ask the Gunsmith I just sent it to, lol. Assuming the old barrel comes off without too much issue, the new barrel should get on pretty easily. The second issue is grinding the extractor so that it works as intended on the .45acp casings.

Quote Originally Posted by Snider shooter View Post
    The description said 25" barrel which on an SMLE is full length. I'm willing to do some stock mods to make the cutoff fit

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    i guess thats the gamble. do you email/call to ask for more details, meanwhile risking someone else buying the gun you wanted? or do you take the plunge and see what you get.

for those prices im willing to roll the dice
    I was also willing to make the gamble which is why I ended up pulling the trigger before clicking 'post' on the forum so I could ensure to get the "Good" magazine cutoff version

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    it's like gambling, never bet what you can't afford to lose. everyone should report back to this thread when they receiver their guns and state if they got a bargain or a lemon.
    I'll update when I get mine. For me, $150 for a mag-cutoff SMLE is a good deal I'm willing to take a chance
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    So free advertising for the sponsor?
    Update a couple hours later: seems my post is working as there is over 20 firearms less than there was at lunch time today
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast