Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Consignment Surplus

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Mine is waiting at home.
    Tracking number shows my wife signed for it today but I'm still out of town so can't examine it until Friday evening

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Got mine. It’s sporterized but it’s in good shape. Bore looks excellent.
    What was yours listed as? Poor/Fair/Good?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkin View Post
    Mine came in today, Winchester M1907 .351 Wsl, metalwork, barrel and action are good for the age of the rifle, the stock has unfortunately been bubba'd.....functional, but not pretty....and replacement stocks seem to be unobtanium from my initial search.
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Tracking number shows my wife signed for it today but I'm still out of town so can't examine it until Friday evening

It was listed as good. I’m a bit bummed at the stock, but happy overall considering what I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkin View Post
    It was listed as good. I’m a bit bummed at the stock, but happy overall considering what I paid.
    I bought a Carcano in person from a used guns site. It's in excellent condition. There's no way I'd purchase a firearm without seeing it first. Unless you just want a reclamation project.

Just as a follow up to the krag, it's not bad for what I paid. Wish the bore was better but will see how it cleans up.

The interesting thing is I found a piece of paper in the butt stock. Old paper with the following.

Mr. F.J. Bachmier
    146-8th St., Brandon, Man.

I googled the name and didn't find much. If anyone knows any Bachmier's in Manitoba, let me know. Maybe the family would like to have it back.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryChia View Post
    I bought a Carcano in person from a used guns site. It's in excellent condition. There's no way I'd purchase a firearm without seeing it first. Unless you just want a reclamation project.
    I would normally never buy without looking first, but i rolled the dice on this one. not the end of the world. its 116 years old.
    Last edited by Donkin; 07-06-2023 at 08:21 PM. Reason: details added

Unwrapped mine last night and grabbed two quick pictures. For $150, the gun is in great shape and should restore nicely this winter with the Drill Purpose rifle I also bought (no pictures of that as I didn't want to take that greasy thing out of the bag it was in). Not a speck of rust on the sporterized SMLE, but does have some of the blueing worn in places which is to be expected for an 80+ year old gun (mid 1930's dated if I remember correctly). The bore is mint, shiny and deep grooves all the way down. In the pictures the left side of the buttstock looks like a big piece has been scabbed onto it, but in real life it's just slightly different coloured, but that won't matter as it will be moving into the DP stock. Overall, for the $150 plus the $400 for the DP stock, I'm looking forward to a fun project for when the snow starts falling

Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post

I wanted to buy some CZ parts from Wolverine so threw into my cart the Brazilian M30/M954 and the receiver indicates made in Brazilian arsenal, ITAJUBA - BRASIL. It's basically a Brazil M1908/34 from what I can see except mine has a slide-on front sight wings which I quite like.

The bore was very dirty but when I cleaned out the barrel the rifling was beautiful. The stock is covered with dings and marks but no cracks or repaired cracks that I can see.

Took it to the range today and was able to get 2" groups over open sights. I wasn't using match ammo, just cheap reloads with a light charge. Very impressive accuracy. Loading and cycling was smooth and I didn't have a single problem.

The internet keeps repeating the problem of bad headspace with this rifle. I didn't have any problems so either I'm wrong or the internet is wrong.

This is basically a large ring Mauser in 30-06 that looks like a copy of the VZ24, which is probably is. I think South American Mausers are underappreciated so they tend to be cheaper. Maybe I'm not enough of a Mauser snob!

Condition was "good" and I got a perfectly good Mauser in full military configuration for $500 before shipping + tax, bringing total to about $600 to my door. If the last owner had bothered to clean the barrel the condition would have been very good or excellent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234