Consignment Surplus

DiMP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I write this post knowing full well, I am about to possibly lose out on a firearm steal-of-a-deal but what is with all the extremely inexpensive surplus rifles in your consignment section. None of them currently have photos, and descriptions are very limited. But there is everything from Lee Enfields ranging from $150-250, a "Full Wood Longbranch" for $700, Shmidt Rubin from $300, various Mausers, etc. Why are they all so cheap? I understand condition may be poor, but heck, even a barrelled action goes for $125; I assume a big estate sale where the next of kin just wanted them gone?

Pages of Cheap Consignment Here

EDIT TO ADD: I took a gamble and placed an order before clicking 'Post' on this :p
I decided to grab a consignment No1Mk3 marked as "good" condition and a SMLE Drill rifle with the belief that I'm most likely buying a sporterized LE for the $150. I'm always looking for a project for the winter and I'm thinking now I will have one

so what is wolverines condition ranking? im assuming something like "poor, fair, good, very good, excellent?"

I cannot speak for Wolverine, but generally they are more likely to grade something lower than normal if they have any question of it... but I wouldn't fire anything graded "poor" or "fair" without a gunsmith checking it out, and expect them to need complete refurbishment to be used. Having that mentality mostly prevents disappointment and over estimation of the "steal' you think you are getting.

I write this post knowing full well, I am about to possibly lose out on a firearm steal-of-a-deal but what is with all the extremely inexpensive surplus rifles in your consignment section. None of them currently have photos, and descriptions are very limited. But there is everything from Lee Enfields ranging from $150-250, a "Full Wood Longbranch" for $700, Shmidt Rubin from $300, various Mausers, etc. Why are they all so cheap? I understand condition may be poor, but heck, even a barrelled action goes for $125; I assume a big estate sale where the next of kin just wanted them gone?

Pages of Cheap Consignment Here

EDIT TO ADD: I took a gamble and placed an order before clicking 'Post' on this :p
I decided to grab a consignment No1Mk3 marked as "good" condition and a SMLE Drill rifle with the belief that I'm most likely buying a sporterized LE for the $150. I'm always looking for a project for the winter and I'm thinking now I will have one

So free advertising for the sponsor?

so what is wolverines condition ranking? im assuming something like "poor, fair, good, very good, excellent?"

I would assume so? That's partially where my confusion was too because the difference between "poor" and "good" was on average only $50 bucks. There is a limited number of pictures of other rifles that they list as "fair" that I would personally rate "good" based on the one photo. For me it was worth a gamble, particularly because I ordered a "good" that states it has a "very good bore" along with a magazine disconnect which I've always found interesting but never owned

On a related note, it's been tough for me to find an answer on Google, maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but since I have a plan to put this, I assume sporterized, rifle into the Drill Purpose stock, will I need to modify the stock at all (trim down?) to put in an action with a magazine disconnect on it?

Ive bought an arisaka from them before, sight unseen. It was in poor condition but the price was okay since it also came with a bayonet.

Its luck of the draw unless you specifically ask for pictures.

If the drill purpose stock doesn’t have the cut you will have to lower the side. The question I have is does the sporter your getting have a full length barrel ?

The one I bought says:

CONSIGNMENT Lee Enfield No4 Mk3 BA .303 Brit 25"/635mm 10-Round - Good Condition

I’m excited to see what I get.

Got a Sporterized Lee-Enfield from them rated in poor condition for $100. When I got it, the action was smooth, it only had a little bit of surface discolourization, the stock itself was in good shape and the barrel was about 80% shot out.

I also grabbed a .45ACP Rhineland Arms kit for it so I'm pretty much happy as a clam to get a bolt-action .45acp for about $400. Now just have to find a gunsmith to make me a new locking collar so that I can throw on a AR-15 Mlok handguard on to it....

i guess thats the gamble. do you email/call to ask for more details, meanwhile risking someone else buying the gun you wanted? or do you take the plunge and see what you get.

for those prices im willing to roll the dice

Usually , most consignment firearms do not have any warranty, and are non returnable as the vendor does not own the firearm . Really a roll of the dice as you may get a smoking hot deal , or you might end up getting a firearm that is only good as a club as the owner wanted to sell via consignment , and avoid any blow back from a buyer ; so whatever you get , it is now your good fortune , or your problem .

it's like gambling, never bet what you can't afford to lose. everyone should report back to this thread when they receiver their guns and state if they got a bargain or a lemon.

Got a Sporterized Lee-Enfield from them rated in poor condition for $100. When I got it, the action was smooth, it only had a little bit of surface discolourization, the stock itself was in good shape and the barrel was about 80% shot out.

I also grabbed a .45ACP Rhineland Arms kit for it so I'm pretty much happy as a clam to get a bolt-action .45acp for about $400. Now just have to find a gunsmith to make me a new locking collar so that I can throw on a AR-15 Mlok handguard on to it....

Are these kits easy to install?

Are these kits easy to install?

That's gonna be something you'll have to ask the Gunsmith I just sent it to, lol. Assuming the old barrel comes off without too much issue, the new barrel should get on pretty easily. The second issue is grinding the extractor so that it works as intended on the .45acp casings.

If the drill purpose stock doesn’t have the cut you will have to lower the side. The question I have is does the sporter your getting have a full length barrel ?

The description said 25" barrel which on an SMLE is full length. I'm willing to do some stock mods to make the cutoff fit

i guess thats the gamble. do you email/call to ask for more details, meanwhile risking someone else buying the gun you wanted? or do you take the plunge and see what you get.

for those prices im willing to roll the dice

I was also willing to make the gamble which is why I ended up pulling the trigger before clicking 'post' on the forum so I could ensure to get the "Good" magazine cutoff version

it's like gambling, never bet what you can't afford to lose. everyone should report back to this thread when they receiver their guns and state if they got a bargain or a lemon.

I'll update when I get mine. For me, $150 for a mag-cutoff SMLE is a good deal I'm willing to take a chance

Back
Top Bottom