Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consignment Surplus

Consignment Surplus

I write this post knowing full well, I am about to possibly lose out on a firearm steal-of-a-deal but what is with all the extremely inexpensive surplus rifles in your consignment section. None of them currently have photos, and descriptions are very limited. But there is everything from Lee Enfields ranging from $150-250, a "Full Wood Longbranch" for $700, Shmidt Rubin from $300, various Mausers, etc. Why are they all so cheap? I understand condition may be poor, but heck, even a barrelled action goes for $125; I assume a big estate sale where the next of kin just wanted them gone?

Pages of Cheap Consignment Here

EDIT TO ADD: I took a gamble and placed an order before clicking 'Post' on this
    I decided to grab a consignment No1Mk3 marked as "good" condition and a SMLE Drill rifle with the belief that I'm most likely buying a sporterized LE for the $150. I'm always looking for a project for the winter and I'm thinking now I will have one
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

LOL. Probably a better gamble than Primershop. I bought a few without seeing them. Haven’t been burned yet.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Thanks for the heads up. Scooped a Lee in good condition.

so what is wolverines condition ranking? im assuming something like "poor, fair, good, very good, excellent?"
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    so what is wolverines condition ranking? im assuming something like "poor, fair, good, very good, excellent?"
    I cannot speak for Wolverine, but generally they are more likely to grade something lower than normal if they have any question of it... but I wouldn't fire anything graded "poor" or "fair" without a gunsmith checking it out, and expect them to need complete refurbishment to be used. Having that mentality mostly prevents disappointment and over estimation of the "steal' you think you are getting.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I write this post knowing full well, I am about to possibly lose out on a firearm steal-of-a-deal but what is with all the extremely inexpensive surplus rifles in your consignment section. None of them currently have photos, and descriptions are very limited. But there is everything from Lee Enfields ranging from $150-250, a "Full Wood Longbranch" for $700, Shmidt Rubin from $300, various Mausers, etc. Why are they all so cheap? I understand condition may be poor, but heck, even a barrelled action goes for $125; I assume a big estate sale where the next of kin just wanted them gone?

Pages of Cheap Consignment Here

EDIT TO ADD: I took a gamble and placed an order before clicking 'Post' on this
    I decided to grab a consignment No1Mk3 marked as "good" condition and a SMLE Drill rifle with the belief that I'm most likely buying a sporterized LE for the $150. I'm always looking for a project for the winter and I'm thinking now I will have one
    So free advertising for the sponsor?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    I would assume so? That's partially where my confusion was too because the difference between "poor" and "good" was on average only $50 bucks. There is a limited number of pictures of other rifles that they list as "fair" that I would personally rate "good" based on the one photo. For me it was worth a gamble, particularly because I ordered a "good" that states it has a "very good bore" along with a magazine disconnect which I've always found interesting but never owned

On a related note, it's been tough for me to find an answer on Google, maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, but since I have a plan to put this, I assume sporterized, rifle into the Drill Purpose stock, will I need to modify the stock at all (trim down?) to put in an action with a magazine disconnect on it?
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by vp6111 View Post
    So free advertising for the sponsor?
    I guess in the end, yes?

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    I guess in the end, yes?
    As long as it works for everyone involved

Ive bought an arisaka from them before, sight unseen. It was in poor condition but the price was okay since it also came with a bayonet.

Its luck of the draw unless you specifically ask for pictures.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast