Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your site has crashed or is compromised

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You can go online with your bank and see if any credit card charges are pending.

Cancelling cards every time there's a glitch on a website seems unnecessary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    You can go online with your bank and see if any credit card charges are pending.

Cancelling cards every time there's a glitch on a website seems unnecessary.
    Given the number of times credit cards have been compromised with this crowd, I think the OP did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Tried to order ammo this am and after taking all my personal info it crashed # 404 Not Found ? Rebooted at my end 3X.Called the store twice and got it's working fine at our end. Doesn't help customers if they can't reach you . All other stores come up on my computer so the issue isn't here. Better not get a MC bill.
    I have no idea how FOC is still in business. Chinese mafia?

Attachment 691743
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    The saga continues in their new location as well....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Panicking for not much - this is not a CC fraud …. Plenty of explanation on the web for a 404 error. Here is one…
    Some like to stir #### for nothing..

What you need to know about 404 errors
    404 errors are common, and if you're reading this, there's a good chance you've encountered one before. Most people find them when they try to go to a specific webpage that doesn't exist anymore.

What's happening is simply that your browser is asking a website to display something, the website can't find the right page to display, so it gives you an error instead.

Nearly every website has the potential to give you 404 errors. It's the easiest way to tell a user that they're in the wrong place. Even Business Insider has its own 404 pages, which display when you try to visit a page that doesn't exist.

That said, compared to the early days of the internet, finding 404 errors isn't as easy as it used to be. There are two reasons for this:

Most major websites now redirect users away from 404 pages automatically. If a website is planning to delete or unpublish a webpage, that page now usually gets redirected to a different page. As a visitor, you might not end up on the exact page you requested, but you won't be stranded on a 404 error page, either. As a result, there are fewer "broken" pages than there once were.
    Many websites now have their own custom 404 pages, which help users more easily find what they're looking for. In some cases, these pages are so UI-friendly that it's hard to tell you've even hit a 404 error.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Since you called the store twice..why you did not order over the phone ? Just wondering.
    Because that's the way the store wanted to do the sale is on line. I will have a clean new card in less than a week so for piece of mind . Also have better things to do than stir up crap so speculate away I'm not new at buying and selling.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Panicking for not much - this is not a CC fraud …. Plenty of explanation on the web for a 404 error. Here is one…
    Some like to stir #### for nothing..

What you need to know about 404 errors
    404 errors are common, and if you're reading this, there's a good chance you've encountered one before. Most people find them when they try to go to a specific webpage that doesn't exist anymore.

What's happening is simply that your browser is asking a website to display something, the website can't find the right page to display, so it gives you an error instead.

Nearly every website has the potential to give you 404 errors. It's the easiest way to tell a user that they're in the wrong place. Even Business Insider has its own 404 pages, which display when you try to visit a page that doesn't exist.

That said, compared to the early days of the internet, finding 404 errors isn't as easy as it used to be. There are two reasons for this:

Most major websites now redirect users away from 404 pages automatically. If a website is planning to delete or unpublish a webpage, that page now usually gets redirected to a different page. As a visitor, you might not end up on the exact page you requested, but you won't be stranded on a 404 error page, either. As a result, there are fewer "broken" pages than there once were.
    Many websites now have their own custom 404 pages, which help users more easily find what they're looking for. In some cases, these pages are so UI-friendly that it's hard to tell you've even hit a 404 error.

Lol…..it’s hilarious that you think this has anything to do with a 404 page error.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Regular
    I did a 404 error last week.

Ended up downtown instead of the 401

Using a vpn by chance? Some websites give me a 404 using a vpn. Turning it off temporarily sometimes fixes it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12