Attention customers with postal codes that begin with P. You're nobody now.

OK it's been a while but the last TDG course I took was 2 hours online, $125.

Why would you be paying out of pocket for a commercial dangerous good certification it has to be issued from the carrier your working for at one time I held two one issued from day and Ross and one for gardwine as I was working for both companies at the same time

I am in NW Ontario "P" area and having the same difficulties. There is no near-by city to drive outside the "P" postal code zone to for pick up at the depot, other than a 2 to 4 day round trip drive thousands of Km's.

Its very curious that some retailers are telling me "not possible" and refusing my orders due to this courier issue, but other retailers are working fine and getting it through using the same national coverage shipping company.

Some of the refuse-to-ship retailers are CGN sponsors who I try to purchase from. I called one store's manager to discuss this, and he said its not the national shipping big company they are using, which does indeed transport DG's across Canada. Its the subcontractors at the community level that pick up from their depot and deliver door to door, (and several posts above have covered this topic already).

However this story is not making sense here because there seems to be more unknown variables at play. The same subcontractors here are picking up DG's from the depot from some retailers and delivering to my door.

CGN sponsors who refuse to ship to the "P" postal code zone: You may want to get talking to someone in the shipping companies who actually know what's going on, because you are losing business from us northern Ontario residents, to competitors who are successfully shipping DG's to the "P" postal code zone.

Blaming a retailer for third party services is such an Ontario thing to do lol.. Keep voting Liberal…

Not so fast! I am the customer and I pay for the goods and the service, and the service is the shipping. If the retailers want my business, they are going to have to solve this problem. I as an individual customer cannot solve a shipping problem at the scale of northern Ontario. I have found CGN sponsors who make the shipping work, and they are getting my business.

Northern Ontario residents in many towns and rural areas are quite used to having to drive a reasonable distance for goods and services because its a distance reality living here. In the places where the local couriers are refusing DG's, the retailers could have the national shipper drop it at the depot, and the customers will drive to pick it up. But the retailers are not making the depot drop happen. Depot drop-off's used to be quite routine around here with every national courier (I have picked up at the depots from all of the big companies). I am happy to drive to the depot for pick-up, but for unknown reasons the depot is not being utilized any more? I find this hard to believe because I often have to pick up other non-DG packages at the depot in response to the slip the drivers leave in my mail box.

The retailers who are not making the shipping work for northern Ontario customers are making a conscious decision to fail in their business model. Other retailers are making it work and getting my business.

It's like people don't realize that gun stores are not actually also shipping companies. If the shipping companies won't ship something somewhere, what do you expect them to do, drive it there themselves? Do you think they don't want to make money by selling you things, and would if they could?

It's like people don't realize that gun stores are not actually also shipping companies. If the shipping companies won't ship something somewhere, what do you expect them to do, drive it there themselves? Do you think they don't want to make money by selling you things, and would if they could?

You are missing the point! Look at the post above, and I have had this happen as well, and I'm in BC.

Some of the retailers make it happen, and at a reasonable cost, while others refuse to make it happen and we shop elsewhere. Something in their mentality or their process, but it is a hiccup somewhere on their end!

I have a local retailer that refuses to show powders on line that they have in stock. Have to make a trip into the store every time to check what they have. "They say they can't ship it, so why show stock", and I have talked to them about it. While a retailer 100 kms away shows their powder stock, and has no problems shipping it to my door for $16. I can't drive there and back for that. Guess who gets my powder purchases?

You are missing the point! Look at the post above, and I have had this happen as well, and I'm in BC.

Some of the retailers make it happen, and at a reasonable cost, while others refuse to make it happen and we shop elsewhere. Something in their mentality or their process, but it is a hiccup somewhere on their end!

I have a local retailer that refuses to show powders on line that they have in stock. Have to make a trip into the store every time to check what they have. "They say they can't ship it, so why show stock", and I have talked to them about it. While a retailer 100 kms away shows their powder stock, and has no problems shipping it to my door for $16. I can't drive there and back for that. Guess who gets my powder purchases?

It really is terrible when businesses make decisions on how they run their business. There should be a government department to make them all the same and fair. Lmfao.

There are too many clowns on this site.

That’s illegal. If you’re shipping a hazardous material like powder, primers, or ammunition it must be declared correctly. If it’s not and they find out you’re nailed with thousands in fines.

It really is terrible when businesses make decisions on how they run their business. There should be a government department to make them all the same and fair. Lmfao.

There are too many clowns on this site.

Get your head out of the sand!!!!!! You are sooooooo narrow minded, I'm surprised your even here at CDN.

No one is telling them what to do, just saying the ones that show and decide they want to ship have no problem getting business, the others, well they just sit around and await the walk in only traffic. In this day and age you adapt, or you slowly suffer. Remember the beginning of covid?

Ironically I have only bought 2 lbs of powder at the local retailer, and that was on their opening day over a year ago, just because the price was good, and they had stock. In the same year I have purchased over 10 lbs from the other retailer that shows online stock and has no problem shipping powder.

I have more time to surf the net and make purchases than to drive around town and check the retail outlets for what they may have in stock when I walk in.

That’s illegal. If you’re shipping a hazardous material like powder, primers, or ammunition it must be declared correctly. If it’s not and they find out you’re nailed with thousands in fines.

No it isn't.

Purolator just has an exemption declaration that you sign. Doesn't at all declare what the contents are.

Get your head out of the sand!!!!!! You are sooooooo narrow minded, I'm surprised your even here at CDN.

No one is telling them what to do, just saying the ones that show and decide they want to ship have no problem getting business, the others, well they just sit around and await the walk in only traffic. In this day and age you adapt, or you slowly suffer. Remember the beginning of covid?

Ironically I have only bought 2 lbs of powder at the local retailer, and that was on their opening day over a year ago, just because the price was good, and they had stock. In the same year I have purchased over 10 lbs from the other retailer that shows online stock and has no problem shipping powder.

I have more time to surf the net and make purchases than to drive around town and check the retail outlets for what they may have in stock when I walk in.

I am narrow minded because you don’t agree with me?

Got it. Lol

I am narrow minded because you don’t agree with me?

Got it. Lol

Yea, NOPE! Couldn't care less what you agree with or not! More because you think I am trying to tell the retailer how to run their business and that we should have more gov control.

Its more of, "hey these guys are doing this and I buy from them, why can't you guys? I'm sure you will get more people seeing your product and create an online presence."

I tried to have some ammo shipped to Fort Nelson BC and was told it can't be done.

canada post service is going up to edmonton then post canada sub contractors are taking over and they will not ship ammo no more ... i received ammo in the past but it is now at 6 years ago from remington canada/ gravel agency.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom