Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooters Box Shotgun Adapters

Just checked out the Shotgun Box website; they have some interesting adaptors shown there. How about .45ACP or .45Colt in a 577/450 Martini-Henry? Or .32ACP in a .303Brit?

Gotta be careful when ordering, many of these adaptors are offered in both rifled and smoothbore versions, make sure you get the type you want.

I am looking forward to trying .357Mag and 9mm in some of my 12-gauges. A SxS or O/U double with a .357Mag in one barrel and a 12gauge (or even .410 with another adaptor) in the other barrel, equipped with open sights on the rib, could be a fun and very utilitarian "backyard pest" gun. And I have a few boxes of .22 birdshot loads that might be fun out of a 12-gauge barrel with a .22 smoothbore adaptor. I already have doubles that I have modified with rifle sights for slug use....hmmm...

I've always wanted to shoot House Sparrows and Starlings with a dedicated Cape Gun...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    I bought two 12ga-22lr to use in my sulun ss221 and both adapters consistently require two strikes to work. It almost seems like the first strike seats the casing down where it wants to be, then the 2nd strike ignites the primer. Pretty useless having to break open and cock it twice every time. I was using winchester bulk 22lr and never had it fire on the first try within 20 attempts, always 2nd try. Will try another brand of ammo when i get around to it, as well as another shotgun.
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 53Izzy744 View Post
    I bought two 12ga-22lr to use in my sulun ss221 and both adapters consistently require two strikes to work. It almost seems like the first strike seats the casing down where it wants to be, then the 2nd strike ignites the primer. Pretty useless having to break open and cock it twice every time. I was using winchester bulk 22lr and never had it fire on the first try within 20 attempts, always 2nd try. Will try another brand of ammo when i get around to it, as well as another shotgun.
    Just tried one out in my Baikal IJ-18 and it worked perfectly fine. Much heavier primer hits from that old beast lol
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12