Thread: Great to see you guys again!

Great to see you guys again!

Wow it was so great to be back at Al Flaherty’s! Covid and the govt BS sure put a dampener in my visits but I gotta get back to my gun store tours! Again, I didn’t bring my DSLR as I wasn’t planning on a full tour but you know how it is.

Since some have requested more “old school”, I’ll start off with this beautiful Beretta 486 Parallelo SxS with Floreal Engraving that extends down the stock.

The round action and balance feel incredible in the hand.

I dare say I liked the Parallelo better than the DT11 Pro Sport.

As for the DT11 Pro Sport, it has an adjustable stock from TSK. If you cant adjust this one to fit you then nothing will.

Ok back to tactical 😊 The new Cadex CDX-SS SEVEN S.T.A.R.S. PRO for PRS

With the Arca Elite System rail

I didn’t take a pic but I also looked at the new SIG Cross PRS. Compared to the standard Cross, it has a heavy barrel and steel in the receiver. Considering the Cross is one of the lightest guns I have handled (next to the Fix by Q), the difference in weight to the PRS was astonishing! It is even heavier than the Cadex.

Ok on to knives, first up the SHOT Show 2023 edition of the Benchmade Bailout with orange anodized aluminum handle scales along with complimentary cyan hardware

Another limited edition, the Spyderco Native 5 in SPY27 steel, developed specifically for Spyderco by Crucible steel. I am happy to hear they will be offering other models in this steel as well.

That’s all for now, but as I said, it was great to be back and see the crew again. I’ll try to get back to my old pace lol.

And because y’all always ask, I had wings at Bistro on Avenue

RL

Thanks for the report, were the wings top tier or are there better options in the area?

Have you ever had wings at a St. Louis? If so, you should have an idea of Bistro on Avenue because there is a connection. I am not sure of the details but i think one of the original partners left Bistro and started St. Louis in competition. Comparing the two, i would say St. Louis is better although the service here was fantastic (small local place vs. big chain feel). Drums and Flats is also literally next door to this place (another famous option). Bottom line, yes there are better options.