Any hope bringing in DESERT TECH TREK- 22 - 10/22 BULL-PUP

OK here's a bit of a legal mind bender. A kit that converts a rifle to a bullpup is prohibited. A kit that converts a pistol to a bullpup is OK because you are not converting a rifle. Could you therefore make a kit that converts the ruger 10/22 challenger pistol to a bullpup?
Incidentally with the freezing of pistol sales in Canada does this mean that the 10/22 pistol magazine is not widely available in Canada and that the 10/22 rifle can revert to their original capacity magazines?

I think someone's head just exploded at the RCMP firearms department.

OK here's a bit of a legal mind bender. A kit that converts a rifle to a bullpup is prohibited. A kit that converts a pistol to a bullpup is OK because you are not converting a rifle. Could you therefore make a kit that converts the ruger 10/22 challenger pistol to a bullpup?
Incidentally with the freezing of pistol sales in Canada does this mean that the 10/22 pistol magazine is not widely available in Canada and that the 10/22 rifle can revert to their original capacity magazines?

Everyone is still using 10rd ar mags. So if 10/22 handguns are no longer widely available. Neither are ar handguns. So you can only have one or the other depending on those handguns being considered available or not.

Well the 10/22 magazine issue was a pretty flimsy argument from the RCMP. It was going to be ripped to shreds in the court case, but Ruger wouldn't play ball with the parties that were bringing the suit against the RCMP so the whole thing fell apart.

By law the butler creek 25rd mags are still legal. They were designed for a rifle. The patent proves that. The ruger 25rd mags are not legal. They were designed for a rifle and a hand gun. It should be easy to win in court using butler creek mags. But never tested. And i don’t want to be the one tested on….

I don’t know why ruger would need to be involved.

By law the butler creek 25rd mags are still legal. They were designed for a rifle. The patent proves that. The ruger 25rd mags are not legal. They were designed for a rifle and a hand gun. It should be easy to win in court using butler creek mags. But never tested. And i don’t want to be the one tested on….

I don’t know why ruger would need to be involved.

I believe it was Butler Creek that was the party in question not Ruger .

Exactly. These are legal in Canada. Glock Bullpup below.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/for...up-carbine-conversion-now-in-Canada-meta-apex!

Why do you think the pistol sales/transfer freeze has anything to do with magazines? they are two separate products governed by their own separate regulations....
If your accusation about not being available was true no store would be importing any pistol mags, which has yet to happen.
Just because something cannot be sold anymore does not mean you cant buy accessories or parts for it, take ARs for example, buying everything except the receivers is still legal, plenty of stores keep stock for the parts, they just have a smaller selection as the purchase rate has dropped.

I think it looks pretty sweet and would love to own one if I was allowed. Have you got any examples of a “better option avail” semi auto .22 bullpup?

22s don't have barrel length restrictions, but they still have OAL restrictions to remain NR. The way I see it you gain nothing from a bullpup 22 because of that, other than bad triggers and jams that are more awkward to clear.

If you want a short NR 10/22 there are already options for that.

22s don't have barrel length restrictions, but they still have OAL restrictions to remain NR. The way I see it you gain nothing from a bullpup 22 because of that, other than bad triggers and jams that are more awkward to clear.

If you want a short NR 10/22 there are already options for that.
I’ve got an 8” 10/22 so I’m well aware but with the bullpup I can have twice the barrel with the same OAL, .22 needs all the velocity it can get

I have a Tanfoglio Appeal bullpup 22lr. It hasn't jammed once. X95, was pretty quick after some practice and muscle memory. For steel challenge, it's frigging quick.

I’ve got an 8” 10/22 so I’m well aware but with the bullpup I can have twice the barrel with the same OAL, .22 needs all the velocity it can get

Not really. I seen a bench rest Anschutz with a 14inch barrel. While mine got a 21 and the other a 25inch barrel. With many moving to 16inch, as the days of longer is better is no more.

Back
Top Bottom