ChatGPT 4 - Reasons you should buy a firearm

Siwash Sports

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hey there, fellow enthusiasts!

If you've ever thought about owning a firearm, now might be the perfect time to take the plunge. Here's why:

• Personal Protection: In an uncertain world, having a firearm can provide an added sense of security and protection for you and your loved ones.
  • Recreational Use: Whether it's target shooting or hunting, firearms offer a unique and exciting hobby that can be enjoyed responsibly by individuals of all skill levels.
  • Investment Value: Quality firearms often retain or even increase in value over time. It's not just a purchase; it's an investment in craftsmanship and history.
  • Legal Responsibility: By purchasing a new firearm from a licensed dealer, you're ensuring that you're complying with all local laws and regulations. This is a responsible way to exercise your rights.
  • Community and Education: Joining the firearm community opens up opportunities for learning and growth. Many local ranges and clubs offer classes and events to help you become a skilled and responsible gun owner.
  • Supporting Local Businesses: By buying from local dealers, you're supporting small businesses in your community. It's a win-win for everyone involved.

Remember, owning a firearm is a serious responsibility. It requires proper training, understanding of the laws, and a commitment to safety. If you're considering this step, take the time to educate yourself and consult with professionals in the field.

So, if you're 18 or older and have been thinking about buying a firearm, why wait? Explore your options, ask questions, get your PAL, and find the firearm that's right for you. It could be the beginning of a rewarding new journey.

Stay safe and happy shooting!

Excellent use of tech Siwash Sports!

I've been emerging myself in this tech, from altering images, voice cloning, video sets, text generation, story generation, SEO, it's crazy what one person can accomplish with AI helping you. I'm so concerned about AI, I need to understand it inside and out.

frenzys 1x17x24 AUT-1054.jpg

I am definitely not in a "run down old hospital with a window to my right side and garbage everywhere".

Attachments

• frenzys 1x17x24 AUT-1054.jpg
    frenzys 1x17x24 AUT-1054.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,807
I've been emerging myself in this tech, from altering images, voice cloning, video sets, text generation, story generation, SEO, it's crazy what one person can accomplish with AI helping you. I'm so concerned about AI, I need to understand it inside and out.

View attachment 699018

I am definitely not in a "run down old hospital with a window to my right side and garbage everywhere".

Well, I trust you’re at an approved range or at the address to where that pistol is registered or this picture may be used as evidence of a crime. See how fast this stuff gets off course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I trust you’re at an approved range or at the address to where that pistol is registered or this picture may be used as evidence of a crime. See how fast this stuff gets off course.

The photo was taken in my studio at home. I am inside my office without a window near me.

The location is faked. We shall see what happens in the future with LAW, but for now it's go time.

The photo was taken in my studio at home. I am inside my office without a window near me.

The location is faked. We shall see what happens in the future with LAW, but for now it's go time.

I completely understand that. I was commenting on the dangers of AI being used to place individuals in compromising situations in order to control them. I appreciate your desire to understand and learn how to use AI. We all should understand possibly the biggest threat we have ever faced as a species. Cheers

I don't know whether to start a new thread, but the OP did get me thinking about the reasons I got into firearms, which only happened in the last few years.

I wonder how simialr my reasons are to other peoples'?

I initially wanted to learn how to shoot and handle a gun primarily because I realised that I had hit middle age without ever learning that skill. It just struck me as the type of skill you should know - like how to drive manual transmission, or how to tie a knot, sew on a button. One of those essential basic life skills, and I was missing it.

As a secondary reason, I wanted to have something in common with my younger brother so we could hang out more. He is in the army and shoots and hunts regularly.

So that's why I started.

Today, the primary reason I shoot is simple fun - recreational enjoyment. For years prior I had an archery range set up behind my shop (where I work from home). When I was having a hard day at work, it was a real stress relief to take a break and shoot a while. Since then our property is enough to support a short-range suitable for my 22 rifle, and i've shot close to a thousand rounds now in similar manner. And my number one reason for doing it is simply that it is fun. I enjoy it, and it makes my day better.

So my number one reason would just be fun and personal enjoyment.

My number 2 reason would be pest control. I used to have a real red squirrel and raccoon infestation. It was very damaging, they almost burned down my shop. I could have spent a fortune on a pest control company, but thanks to owning firearms, I was able to resolve the problem myself. I'm also prepared for any future problems. We once had a problem bear, for example, that broke into our house and went through the kitchen. Fortunately a neighbour shot it, but not before it broke into 2 more homes. If that ever happened again, hopefully i'll be prepared.

Third reason would be hunting. I haven't hunted at all yet, but I plan to, and while right now that will mostly be just a chance to hang out with my brother or other friends, the way the economy is going I can see that one day becoming a subsistence thing, as we use hunting to supplement our food needs.

So those are, I think, the only 3 reasons I own firearms, and in that order too.

I don't count personal protection as a reason. I doubt i'll ever have the need (statistically, most people don't), and frankly I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life with the knowledge that i'd killed another human. Further, it's really not legal in canada - not in any real practical sense. Even the most obvious cases of self-defense still get charged here. If you disagree, just go ask Peter Khill! If push really came to shove - some crazy situation like you'd see in the movies where my family was in danger - then yes, i'd probably do what I had to do, and then live with the consequences. But such an unexpected and unintended use can hardly count as a reason why I own firearms.

I'm also not concerned about end-of-the-world SHTF type scenarios. I simply don't think i'll be living out The Last Of Us any time soon, and while our democracy is totally disfunctional, I don't seriously think society as a whole is going to break down any time soon.

As for investments, I have a standard FUDD collection, it cost me a bit to build it, and if I sold it I could probably get the majority of that money back, but i'll never be buying the kinds of guns that would appreciate as a real investment, and any gun I buy is a tool I intend to use, so I wouldn't be selling it anyway. When I die, maybe my kids could sell them, but more likely they'll just keep them to save themselves the money of having to buy their own.

Supporting local small businesses is fine too, and I already do that as much as I can. I almost always give a local business a chance before I order on amazon. But if I wasn't spending locally at gun shops, I would be spending locally at other shops, so i'm not sure how that's an argument specifically for gun ownership.

Anyway, i'm not really arguing, just giving some thoughts.

We all should understand possibly the biggest threat we have ever faced as a species. Cheers

Absolutely, voice cloning, video cloning, down the road it will real life clones with AI intelligence. It's a GREAT tool however in the mean time, and if you're not learning it, you're behind. But at the same time, you could be at a point in life where you don't give two craps if you're behind, and that's perfectly cool. :)

I am finding many ways to make side gig money using it. :)

I don't count personal protection as a reason. I doubt i'll ever have the need (statistically, most people don't), and frankly I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life with the knowledge that i'd killed another human. Further, it's really not legal in canada - not in any real practical sense. Even the most obvious cases of self-defense still get charged here. If you disagree, just go ask Peter Khill! If push really came to shove - some crazy situation like you'd see in the movies where my family was in danger - then yes, i'd probably do what I had to do, and then live with the consequences. But such an unexpected and unintended use can hardly count as a reason why I own firearms.

The only reason I would use a firearm on someone is underlined above, the one and only reason. I'm not protecting property with it, I'm not pulling one out in an argument, I'm no way using a firearm unless my family is in immediate danger.

And your comment on "Not legal in Canada" well courts have shown otherwise lately, in Alberta, and Ontario. If the use of force justifies the means, they have got off. Even though the Alberta one was bull#### in my mind, as the guy shot him in the back.

I love firearms for the challenge of making things go ping, or creating tight groups. I don't even hunt, but I do pest control with airguns on the farm. :)

Everybody (not here necessarily) freakin out about AI. Bring it, it is inevitable anyway. At the point of singularity AI intelligence exponentially surpasses human intelligence. Combined with robotics and augmented reality we will no longer be relevant to much. I often say humans will be to AI what pets are to humans. We will be oblivious and happy, just like my dog is. He thinks life is freakin fantastic because he can’t comprehend what we do. At some time in the future we will think life is freakin fantastic because we won’t be able to comprehend AI. Evolution demands that we evolve into something much greater than ourselves. There is nothing to fear, it will simply be a new normal. No different than what we think is very normal now would have been catastrophic for humans living even 500 years ago.

I still maintain that we are the biggest threat to ourselves as a species.

No doubt, some UFOligists are suggesting that our ignorance of higher levels of physics and insistence on weaponizing everything is a threat to the fabric of the Universe itself.

One thing that unites all people, of all skin tones and religion, (might as well throw in all the ###es too) seems to be general ignorance and a propensity to be easily driven by emotion.

We seem to be at a crossroads. On the verge of incredible possibility for good and evil..... I'm rooting for good, but it's easy for me as I've always been optimistic by nature.

Anyone out there finding themselves getting more and more jaded and negative in their outlook should try and find a way to start seeing the glass as half full if possible.
It doesn't cost much or hurt any to try and adopt a positive outlook.

Everybody (not here necessarily) freakin out about AI. Bring it, it is inevitable anyway. At the point of singularity AI intelligence exponentially surpasses human intelligence. Combined with robotics and augmented reality we will no longer be relevant to much. I often say humans will be to AI what pets are to humans. We will be oblivious and happy, just like my dog is. He thinks life is freakin fantastic because he can’t comprehend what we do. At some time in the future we will think life is freakin fantastic because we won’t be able to comprehend AI. Evolution demands that we evolve into something much greater than ourselves. There is nothing to fear, it will simply be a new normal. No different than what we think is very normal now would have been catastrophic for humans living even 500 years ago.

I find this to be a really hopeful assessment, actually.

I mean, I would love to get taken care of the way I take care of my dogs!

Anyone out there finding themselves getting more and more jaded and negative in their outlook should try and find a way to start seeing the glass as half full if possible.
It doesn't cost much or hurt any to try and adopt a positive outlook.

I'm seeing the AI glass overflowing right now with good things. yes there's risk and we're all aware but we keep moving forward anyways. This is why I want to learn everything I can so, I'm not one of the ignorant ones and I know what's coming at me.

We have all seen and used the shoot the bad guy shooting targets for target practice where the target highlights where to aim for taking down the threat for many many many years now, These days there should be shooting targets for target practice on where to shoot the power supplies on things like those robot dogs and drones to put them down when they are the threat you now have to face these days :)

We have all seen and used the shoot the bad guy shooting targets for target practice where the target highlights where to aim for taking down the threat for many many many years now, These days there should be shooting targets for target practice on where to shoot the power supplies on things like those robot dogs and drones to put them down when they are the threat you now have to face these days :)

There's plenty of information on this available out there already. :) plenty. You can get a schematic of the robot dogs setup if you're resourceful. Drones are probably the biggest threat, you can't see them coming until they're close, they can carry explosives now. They can sit remotely and attack you, they're doing it in Ukraine.

Everybody (not here necessarily) freakin out about AI. Bring it, it is inevitable anyway. At the point of singularity AI intelligence exponentially surpasses human intelligence. Combined with robotics and augmented reality we will no longer be relevant to much. I often say humans will be to AI what pets are to humans. We will be oblivious and happy, just like my dog is. He thinks life is freakin fantastic because he can’t comprehend what we do. As a marketing professional, I've found this collection of **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum** to be a treasure trove. It's a well-curated selection of top-notch tools that streamline SEO efforts for agencies. The detailed insights and comparisons are invaluable for making the right choice. Highly recommend!

The fear surrounding AI is a common topic of discussion, and it's true that AI's development is inevitable. As AI progresses toward the singularity, where it surpasses human intelligence exponentially, combined with robotics and augmented reality, it's likely that our role in the world will change significantly. Just as humans have pets, we might become somewhat like pets to AI. We'll exist in a reality that we can't fully comprehend, much like how our pets find our lives fantastic despite not understanding them.

This transformation is part of the natural process of evolution, where species adapt and evolve to become something greater than their previous iterations. Rather than fearing it, we should embrace this new normal, understanding that it's a part of our evolution as a species. Just as what we consider normal today would have been unthinkable to people living 500 years ago, the future will bring its own set of norms and possibilities. This ongoing evolution is a testament to our capacity for growth and adaptation as a species.

Last edited:
This transformation is part of the natural process of evolution, where species adapt and evolve to become something greater than their previous iterations. Rather than fearing it, we should embrace this new normal, understanding that it's a part of our evolution as a species. Just as what we consider normal today would have been unthinkable to people living 500 years ago, the future will bring its own set of norms and possibilities. This ongoing evolution is a testament to our capacity for growth and adaptation as a species.

100%. Learn or be left behind.

Back
Top Bottom