Another True North Arms Garand horror story. Good dealer but DONT BUY THEIR GARANDS

I agree! I've defended TNA in this thread, even. I hope they fix things; I'm sure they will since they've been great to me in the past. Also, I think it's a worthwhile warning to people that TNAs Garands of late are worth avoiding! is it really a bandwagon if a significant number of them are failing spectacularly?

If you bought an 80 year old truck and the transmission went after 7 months of sitting, would you tell everyone to avoid buying trucks from that specific dealership? Each truck has its own history and unique condition, even with a test drive there is an inherent risk of something breaking just based on age and usage. You get what you pay for, in this case you bought one of the cheapest M1 garands on the market and got one of the cheapest m1 garands on the market.

Don't get me wrong, having a rifle break sucks, but that comes with ordering old surplus rifles - its not for everyone. Order a new op rod and enjoy your piece of history. The market asked for cheap M1 garands and TNA delivered. Caveat Emptor.

I feel like the people commenting on here are TNA employees…what a joke!

Dude, the people sh**ing themselves over a warning are actually acting crazier than TNA themselves. Collin reached out and in effect said “hey, that sucks a lot! Send the rifle back our way and we’ll fix it free of charge!” LOL

Once again a HUGE thank you to TNA for solving this so quickly and professionally.

Dude, the people sh**ing themselves over a warning are actually acting crazier than TNA themselves. Collin reached out and in effect said “hey, that sucks a lot! Send the rifle back our way and we’ll fix it free of charge!” LOL

Once again a HUGE thank you to TNA for solving this so quickly and professionally.

You put the horse before the cart, you could have made a thread in their forum saying "hey my gun broke but they fixed it for free" instead you're asking for help while telling people to stay away.

Did the description not state they were inspected? One would assume if a gunsmith gave it a once over you have a valid complaint more than just buyer beware

You're advocating for them and praising them, while simultaneously dragging them through the mud and telling people not to buy their stuff; it doesn't make any sense. This whole thread is contradictory and completely unnecessary.

Lasted longer than my brand new NEA AR-15 that exploded in my face. I wouldn't even consider that a horror story.

There is only so much control retailers have in their wares, perhaps reserve judgement until a resolution is made or not made before jumping on the "TNA is terrible" band wagon as of late.

Well, that just seems stupid.

Odd thread indeed.

My question is why do people think a M1 Garand is worth the ridiculous asking prices?

Over $2000.00 for a beat up milsurp rifle. Really? A SKS is worth $100.00 not $700.00 or $800.00 either. In my opinion!.........:(

And what's a new one or refurbished one cost? $4000.00-$5000.00?

I have shot one, it was kind of cool, but not $2000.00 and up cool.

I can't wait to here the M1 Garand guys jump all over me, but I do not see a $2000.00-$4000.00 value for these rifles?

Enlighten me someone, please!.......:) lol

I feel like the people commenting on here are TNA employees…what a joke!

Yeah, I’m really not sure why some people need to go into full pearl clutching mode whoever a customer shares a less than great experience. Really anything less than fanatical “thanks for the $500 drum (pinned, of course) you rawk”! Seems to get dumped on for no reason here sometimes.

From my own experience, I will never buy a milsurp from a dealer, no matter which one. They just get them from the distributor, throw them into a corner and sell them. I don't think this is a particular TNA situation to be honest. Personally I think no dealer should be able to sell anything without some kind of warranty. But firearms seem to be a unicorn, no warranty, just sales talk. In this particular situation, you waited a long time to test fire it. Too long. Not I don't believe you but you should have done your part.

Yeah, I’m really not sure why some people need to go into full pearl clutching mode whoever a customer shares a less than great experience. Really anything less than fanatical “thanks for the $500 drum (pinned, of course) you rawk”! Seems to get dumped on for no reason here sometimes.

Canadian consumers are used to taking it lying down, especially firearms consumers. It’s a big problem in Canada right now that commerce is a bit of a mess.

Odd thread indeed.

My question is why do people think a M1 Garand is worth the ridiculous asking prices?

Over $2000.00 for a beat up milsurp rifle. Really? A SKS is worth $100.00 not $700.00 or $800.00 either. In my opinion!.........:(

And what's a new one or refurbished one cost? $4000.00-$5000.00?

I have shot one, it was kind of cool, but not $2000.00 and up cool.

I can't wait to here the M1 Garand guys jump all over me, but I do not see a $2000.00-$4000.00 value for these rifles?

Enlighten me someone, please!.......:) lol

This thing happens where demand for something outpaces supply, then that thing becomes more expensive. Also, that thing will generally be worth more over time.

Not a Garand guy, just being realistic.

This thing happens where demand for something outpaces supply, then that thing becomes more expensive. Also, that thing will generally be worth more over time.

Not a Garand guy, just being realistic.

Yes of course, I understand supply and demand.

Obviously I too am not a Garand guy either. lol

No problems after 60 rounds with mine. Knock on wood lol. I was surprised at how good of shape mine seemed. Wood was new or new old stock, most of the parts are like new. Barrel seemed to be in good shape. Hopefully yours was just 1 lemon part.

So it was all in spec, satisfactory condition, no issues, test fired ok.

And then a multiple decades old part failed while you were shooting it. What would you have expected them to do about that ahead of time...? Do you think they knew the part was going to fail but sent it to you anyways?

"Horror story" is being a bit dramatic, don't you think?

Exactly. Sometimes when you buy old stuff you buy something that is just about to break and no one could have known or prevented this. I also dabble in old Harley Davidsons…. Pretty typical.

Different story if this was a new rifle of course….. wk-180 anyone?

This public flaming of people and companies can be taken too far IMO. At the very least you should address the issue privately and let them respond before a public flame job is attempted…

Eric

From my own experience, I will never buy a milsurp from a dealer, no matter which one. They just get them from the distributor, throw them into a corner and sell them. I don't think this is a particular TNA situation to be honest. Personally I think no dealer should be able to sell anything without some kind of warranty. But firearms seem to be a unicorn, no warranty, just sales talk. In this particular situation, you waited a long time to test fire it. Too long. Not I don't believe you but you should have done your part.

If they had to offer a warranty on used surplus then you’d never see any for sale. This is not realistic. When you play with old stuff sometimes you can get burned. Period.

It is to their credit that they did the right thing. It really should be expected and isn’t over the top or anything though. Yeah, there shouldn’t be “warranties” as such but, if something is advertised as being operational but isn’t, that’s obviously something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom