Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another True North Arms Garand horror story. Good dealer but DONT BUY THEIR GARANDS

Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp View Post
    I agree! I've defended TNA in this thread, even. I hope they fix things; I'm sure they will since they've been great to me in the past. Also, I think it's a worthwhile warning to people that TNAs Garands of late are worth avoiding! is it really a bandwagon if a significant number of them are failing spectacularly?
    If you bought an 80 year old truck and the transmission went after 7 months of sitting, would you tell everyone to avoid buying trucks from that specific dealership? Each truck has its own history and unique condition, even with a test drive there is an inherent risk of something breaking just based on age and usage. You get what you pay for, in this case you bought one of the cheapest M1 garands on the market and got one of the cheapest m1 garands on the market.

Don't get me wrong, having a rifle break sucks, but that comes with ordering old surplus rifles - its not for everyone. Order a new op rod and enjoy your piece of history. The market asked for cheap M1 garands and TNA delivered. Caveat Emptor.

I feel like the people commenting on here are TNA employees…what a joke!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Will take your comment as a joke even if it’s stupid.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotKing View Post
    Dude, the people sh**ing themselves over a warning are actually acting crazier than TNA themselves. Collin reached out and in effect said “hey, that sucks a lot! Send the rifle back our way and we’ll fix it free of charge!” LOL

Once again a HUGE thank you to TNA for solving this so quickly and professionally.

Dude, the people sh**ing themselves over a warning are actually acting crazier than TNA themselves. Collin reached out and in effect said “hey, that sucks a lot! Send the rifle back our way and we’ll fix it free of charge!” LOL

Once again a HUGE thank you to TNA for solving this so quickly and professionally.

You put the horse before the cart, you could have made a thread in their forum saying "hey my gun broke but they fixed it for free" instead you're asking for help while telling people to stay away.

Did the description not state they were inspected? One would assume if a gunsmith gave it a once over you have a valid complaint more than just buyer beware

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar

You're advocating for them and praising them, while simultaneously dragging them through the mud and telling people not to buy their stuff; it doesn't make any sense. This whole thread is contradictory and completely unnecessary.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhole9Yards View Post
    Lasted longer than my brand new NEA AR-15 that exploded in my face. I wouldn't even consider that a horror story.

There is only so much control retailers have in their wares, perhaps reserve judgement until a resolution is made or not made before jumping on the "TNA is terrible" band wagon as of late.
    Well, that just seems stupid.

Odd thread indeed.

My question is why do people think a M1 Garand is worth the ridiculous asking prices?

Over $2000.00 for a beat up milsurp rifle. Really? A SKS is worth $100.00 not $700.00 or $800.00 either. In my opinion!.........

And what's a new one or refurbished one cost? $4000.00-$5000.00?

I have shot one, it was kind of cool, but not $2000.00 and up cool.

I can't wait to here the M1 Garand guys jump all over me, but I do not see a $2000.00-$4000.00 value for these rifles?

Enlighten me someone, please!....... lol
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotKing View Post
    Yeah, I’m really not sure why some people need to go into full pearl clutching mode whoever a customer shares a less than great experience. Really anything less than fanatical “thanks for the $500 drum (pinned, of course) you rawk”! Seems to get dumped on for no reason here sometimes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast