Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOVUS PDS-1: an improved Chinese clone of the Russian 1P87 combat optic

I’d grab one if available.

https://kalashnikov.club/a/kalashnik...oruzhie-v-svo-

"Personal weapons in SMO"

A photo exhibition by Kalashnikov Concern showcasing weapons used in the SMO zone, taken in August 2023. Several Holosuns, a few Eotech.

Looks like they are now in stock:

https://www.tacticalimports.ca/targe...ds1-p-778.html

The description says that its a 1x Holographic sight? Surely it's a red dot and not a true holographic sight? An eotech 512 uses 2x AA batteries and doesn't hit anywhere close to 8000 hours of battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by AllinsonChris View Post
    The description says that its a 1x Holographic sight? Surely it's a red dot and not a true holographic sight? An eotech 512 uses 2x AA batteries and doesn't hit anywhere close to 8000 hours of battery life.
    because Eotech are garbage tech from 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AllinsonChris View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not a true holographic sight but rather an enclosed reflex sight with that Eotech 512/552-like body and profile. Even with the advancements in battery tech, true holographic sights appear to still require a lot more battery energy than reflex sights. For example, the Vortex AMG UH-1 is a newer design and the only other true holographic sight on the market and its advertised as getting around 1500 hours from a single CR123 battery in it.
    Last edited by Teppo87; 01-17-2024 at 12:45 PM.

It says prism
    Meaning it’s probably an led emitter on the bottom pointed up and through a prism instead of on the side wall aimed at the glass like an aimpoint/Holosun etc

I'm going to take a chance on it and order one. Even if it is kind of LARPy to have on a gun, if it is as durable and reliable as I've heard that it is, if it holds zero and if the brightness of the reticle is decent enough, I still like the idea of an Eotech-like optic that uses an AA battery without the Eotech price.
    Last edited by Teppo87; 01-17-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo87 View Post
    I'm going to take a chance on it and order one. Even if it is kind of LARPy to have on a gun, if it is as durable and reliable as I've heard that it is, if it holds zero and if the brightness of the reticle is decent enough, I still like the idea of an Eotech-like optic that uses an AA battery without the Eotech price.
    Let us know what you think about the glass clarity and window size and
    If you can..
    it’s nvg performance (light transmission)

Yes please let us know. I’m interested to know if it’s an astigmatism-friendly prism. I’d be all over this if it has decent eye relief too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast