Thread: A few pics from the 2023 Annual Hunting and Target Sports Show

A few pics from the 2023 Annual Hunting and Target Sports Show

It was great to stop in at Shooters Choice for their 30 year anniversary Annual Hunting And Target Sports Show on my way to the Great Lakes Custom Knife show.

There were tons of sales going and reps from several companies including these fine gents from Stoeger

Adam of course

Given my limited time, I was on a mission. First I wanted to check out the Pedersoli Lever Action Boarbuster in "HV-1 Camo". I don’t know much about Pedersoli but I can say the gun was high quality. The stock and grip had an interesting rubber-like coating and the scout style sights (with fiber optics) were pretty cool.

Despite my love of knives and the deep discount, I passed on this Boker lol

I did pick up a Hornady mug and got two swag caps, thanks for those!

Next I headed upstairs for part two of my mission, to see the Excalibur TwinStrike. I was pleased to run into the Excalibur rep who I had met at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show. He gave me a detailed rundown on the TwinStrike and I even got to shoot it!

an over-under crossbow, how cool is that!

this nifty hand crank draws the bows (yes BOWS in plural lol)

cocked, locked, and ready to rock

keep in mind this is my second time ever shooting a crossbow

and I was very pleased with the result!

I absolutely love this thing and will get definitely get one…as soon as I recover from the Great Lakes Custom Knife Show and TACCOM lol

Thanks to Shooters Choice for the great event! I was super happy to talk to the rep and to shoot the TwinStrike!

Now, before y’all ask, I ate at Lancaster Smokehouse. The last time I went there, I said it was not only the best ribs/brisket I have ever had, but possibly the best meal. I came to the same conclusion this time around! I can’t understand how they make it so good!

RL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    It was great to stop in at Shooters Choice for their 30 year anniversary Annual Hunting And Target Sports Show on my way to the Great Lakes Custom Knife show.

There were tons of sales going and reps from several companies including these fine gents from Stoeger

Adam of course

Given my limited time, I was on a mission. First I wanted to check out the Pedersoli Lever Action Boarbuster in "HV-1 Camo". I don’t know much about Pedersoli but I can say the gun was high quality. The stock and grip had an interesting rubber-like coating and the scout style sights (with fiber optics) were pretty cool.

Despite my love of knives and the deep discount, I passed on this Boker lol

I did pick up a Hornady mug and got two swag caps, thanks for those!

Next I headed upstairs for part two of my mission, to see the Excalibur TwinStrike. I was pleased to run into the Excalibur rep who I had met at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show. He gave me a detailed rundown on the TwinStrike and I even got to shoot it!

an over-under crossbow, how cool is that!

this nifty hand crank draws the bows (yes BOWS in plural lol)

cocked, locked, and ready to rock

keep in mind this is my second time ever shooting a crossbow

and I was very pleased with the result!

I absolutely love this thing and will get definitely get one…as soon as I recover from the Great Lakes Custom Knife Show and TACCOM lol

Thanks to Shooters Choice for the great event! I was super happy to talk to the rep and to shoot the TwinStrike!

Now, before y’all ask, I ate at Lancaster Smokehouse. The last time I went there, I said it was not only the best ribs/brisket I have ever had, but possibly the best meal. I came to the same conclusion this time around! I can’t understand how they make it so good!

RL
    Yes indeed Lancaster Steak House is amazing!!!
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

The Lanc as it's known locally here turns out some pretty damn fine BBQ, most nights you can't get a parking spot at that place.

Bruh you don't need to quote the entire 20 picture post just to comment
    CCFR CSSA

CGN Regular
    A lot less traffic through the annual sale at Shooter's Choice this year? You couldn't move in that place during this sale pre pandemic. Don't see anyone in the background in your photos. Or did you get VIP access ahead of the doors opening?
    "At the end of the day, it is safe to say that criminals do not care about gun bans or licences," -Scotland Yard spokesman Carrie Lee

CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyGun View Post
    A lot less traffic through the annual sale at Shooter's Choice this year? You couldn't move in that place during this sale pre pandemic. Don't see anyone in the background in your photos. Or did you get VIP access ahead of the doors opening?
    lol funny that topic came up. i typically try to avoid having other people in my pics. you are right that i often get early access but not in this case so we do things like wait till the background is empty, angle my shots, and if necessary i crop people out.

i actually thought it was pretty busy...not to the point where you couldnt move but busy enough that you had to wait to talk to reps because they were serving other people.

RL

Thanks for the tour and pictures!
    sm
    MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Member CCFR

Great pictures.

Wicked !! Thanks for sharing this !! Nice to view the other lucky ducks enjoying my favorite pass time...The Shooting Sports !!
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!