Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post Price Hikes and Lost Packages

Canada Post Price Hikes and Lost Packages

Hey guys, here is some crap news. As another business member here has already posted, as of Sept. 11th Canada Post is AGAIN jacking up prices on it's 'We're going to lose your package and then not pay out on the insurance' service across Canada.

We STRONGLY recommend that you FULLY INSURE your package.

We just had them randomly redirect a parcel headed for Quebec up to....Terrace, B.C. for no reason at all. Just THE WORST service you could imagine and when it comes time to pay out the insurance it's an uphill fight all the way to *maybe* or maybe not get any money out of them.

THIS IS NOTICE THAT WE ARE NOT THE DEFAULT INSURER FOR CANADA POST. IF YOU DO NOT WANT ADDED INSURANCE AND THE PARCEL GOES MISSING THE LOSS WILL BE ON YOU, NOT US.

Sorry that this is the new normal but the ridiculousness needs to end somewhere. We are currently building a new website that hopefully will have the added feature to include extra insurance but until then you will have to do it the old school way by calling or emailing and paying separately for the insurance.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Who insures your packages with the optional added fees ?

Canada Post. *Usually* they pay but sometimes they don't and you have to fight. I have a couple horror stories from this year but I will spare you the details...lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Canada Post's fuel surcharges seem to have skyrocketed recently too. They are charging strong money to ship small packages.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Canada Post. *Usually* they pay but sometimes they don't and you have to fight. I have a couple horror stories from this year but I will spare you the details...lol
    What? You insure the package and they don't pay when it is lost?

Quote Originally Posted by sonichanxiao View Post
    What? You insure the package and they don't pay when it is lost?
    Yup, correct. Had one instance of a FULLY ($5,000) insured package with two awesome rifles go to Mississauga, Onterrible. During the investigation and the HOURS we spent on the phone trying to find the guns or get the insurance we heard :

-It was put on a skid to a Walmart
    -It was scanned for RTS for some reason and therefore since we had 'only' paid for insurance for it's trip there they would not pay out as they lost it on the RETURN trip (Wasn't returned, I'll get to that)
    -It just disappeared no idea where it is but we are not going to pay for evil guns

Long story short the clerk at the PO did indeed scan it for RTS but then put it on a skid to the Walmart. Who then opened it thinking it was a return to the store and when they saw guns then put it in a pile to auction off to the highest bidder. The gentleman that ended up winning the auction opened the case ,8 months after it went missing, and saw the paperwork in the case and realized the rifles were real and he called the owner of the guns who then drove an hour or two to collect them.

The entire time CP basically just said, F U we are not paying but we will refund your shipping charge but NOT the insurance money even. If you have an issue then write the Ombudsman. (Which we did).

Truly an unbelievable horror story that SHOULD have gone to court if for no other reason than to have a judge review their 'Insurance' policy for payouts and make them follow the rules.
    Last edited by Dlask Arms; 08-30-2023 at 06:24 PM.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    ^Holy Bat#### Crazy Leigh! Wow!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    What a nightmare. At least the guy that got them from the auction did the right thing even when Canada Post wouldn't.

That's odd, like a month ago my usual CP clerk, which is actually really nice and gave me really good advices to save on shipping and options, told me they adjusted prices down. I was indeed able to ship something for 16$, so was another CGNer that was able to send 5 pistol mags to me ON to QC for 14$.
    Had gotten used to only send in 20$ flat rate boxes lately but it's getting better. It would be odd for em to hike it back only weeks later, but what do I know...

They really are terrible on CS indeed tho, lost mail happens but when it's repetitive in a short period of time you either have a thieve or incompetent worker. They won't do much about it and no feedback if it's regular mail, even if it's important documents and repeatedly... Great job...
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

I have a package lost with Canada Post from an EE transaction.

It has been a nightmare.

It is insured, but so far it’s been lost for 3 weeks and they haven’t even started the investigation (automatic canned email tells me it will be at least another week before they start looking into it).

Every morning and afternoon I check the tracking number and it has never moved past “received at post office”.

Brutal experience thus far.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast