Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Defence WK181C-Z Gen2 7.62x39 18.7" Non-Restricted

CGN Regular
    1. in what gen will the case deflector appear?
    2. would Kodiak consider more hex screws to prevent handguards become loose when shooting? maybe add another 32 of them

I want to take credit for giving them the idea of using the stock (from my 1000 round review). But it was probably in the works before I suggested it lol

Definitely sick of seeing Canadian designs relying on more screws than an Ikea furniture set.

Quote Originally Posted by EthanW View Post
    1. in what gen will the case deflector appear?
    2. would Kodiak consider more hex screws to prevent handguards become loose when shooting? maybe add another 32 of them

Funny how the AR-180 was designed by armalite to be built by 3rd world counties with pre-cold war machining and stamping, yet we cant even come close to the reliability of the original 50+ years later.

I was at Taccom 2023 and talking to an employee at KD, I asked about the gas system on the WK180C and about the adding a brass defector to next gen.
    He confirmed gen 3 is being developed, he also said that the gas system will be upgraded. When I asked about adding a brass defector, he tried to say brass deflectors are still not required. I pressed him a bit, he confirmed previsions for a bass deflector will be on the gen 3, but you will have to buy it as an addon (yes probably more screws). Time to pressure them (send emails to sales) to have it on the rifle at purchase.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandenD View Post
    Funny how the AR-180 was designed by armalite to be built by 3rd world counties with pre-cold war machining and stamping, yet we cant even come close to the reliability of the original 50+ years later.
    It’s the Canadian way!!! Poor quality, high cost!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighterArmory View Post
    I was at Taccom 2023 and talking to an employee at KD, I asked about the gas system on the WK180C and about the adding a brass defector to next gen.
    He confirmed gen 3 is being developed, he also said that the gas system will be upgraded. When I asked about adding a brass defector, he tried to say brass deflectors are still not required. I pressed him a bit, he confirmed previsions for a bass deflector will be on the gen 3, but you will have to buy it as an addon (yes probably more screws). Time to pressure them (send emails to sales) to have it on the rifle at purchase.
    “not needed” yet every REAL design uses them…also makes your gun (probably) more shootable for lefties
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

We have received many inquiries on this Magpul Zukov folding stock fitting on the WK180 Gen 1, WK180 Gen 2 and regular WK181. Due to the difference in receiver shape and design, this stock will not fit on WK180 Gen 1, WK180 Gen 2 and regular WK181.

In other words, WK180/181 series of rifles designed to be used with AR buffer tube & buttstock are not compatible with the Magpul Zukov stock.
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 09-20-2023 at 10:26 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nosman View Post
    The gas piston is 2 part, it’s much better then what’s in the 180. Hundreds of rounds through mine with no issues. I haven’t heard of one person breaking a rod on this firearm. Not saying it hasn’t happened, just no reports that I’ve heard so far.
    I have seen this written about every version. Somehow, they keep on getting grumbled about and keep on getting improved.

CGN Regular
    Sounds less like the Canadian way and more like the Trudeau government way!!
    I love the sound that a law makes when I break it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast