Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Suppressors are illegal in Canada

CGN frequent flyer

Last edited by joe6167; 10-08-2023 at 01:22 PM.
    "Fear not, for I have not made any of this up."

Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette, April 19, 2016

CGN frequent flyer
    "Fear not, for I have not made any of this up."

Senator Céline Hervieux-Payette, April 19, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    By far the most awesome clip of this video:
    https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx55lskNH...bhNKdmHhX5HRX_

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    https://gundebate.ca/silencers/

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Supporting Information for the Video:

Amount of Noise Reduction

Sound Moderators reduce the sound of a firearm enough to make it safe. Often, traditional hearing protection is still recommended in addition to a Sound Moderator.

This Study by the Health & Safety Laboratory in the UK published in 2004 looked at the noise levels encountered at various positions around both moderated and un-moderated firearms and made recommendations on hearing protection to stay safe.

Interestingly, the study found that while using un-moderated firearms, traditional hearing protectors which were predicted to provide adequate protection according to standardized methods, were found to be inadequate as they did not always reduce the peak exposure below 140dB.

It also found that Sound Moderators do NOT give any reduction to the noise of a bullet in flight and therefore gave little to no noise reduction forward of the firearm.

Rarely Used in Crimes

Silencers are rarely used in crimes, according to a 10-year study published in 2007 by the Western Criminology Review in the United States. Researchers estimated silencers were involved in 30 to 40 of the 75,000 federal criminal cases filed each year. The study found only two federal cases over a 10 year period involving a silencer used in murders. To put this number in perspective, environment Canada estimates that 10 people per year are killed or injured by lighting strikes.

Countries with a degree of legal use for Civilians

Our research found that the majority of G7 nations and many others have recognized the benefits of these devices. These countries include the United States, France, Germany, Great Britain, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Poland. We are sure there are other counties in addition to the ones we've listed.

Benefits

Sound Moderators are prohibited in Austrailia, but when a University was asked to do a study and offer their opinion on the topic, the authors’ opinions were that the prohibition should be lifted. The study examines the many benefits associated with the use of these devices. Various research papers and scientific data only testify to the benefits of silencers. In college, I turned to https://ca.edubirdie.com/research-paper-writing-services when researching the impact of sound intensity on the human body. Their experts also share this opinion. Edith Cowen University in Austrailia published their study in 2011 on the implications of allowing Sound Moderators for use on firearms for game and faral management. It was prepared for the Game Council of New South Wales. The studies conclusion is no surprise:

“It is the opinion of the report-panel that when the documented advantages of sound
    moderators are compared against a perceived amount of crime that criminalization of the
    device purports to prevent, then it is argued that continued denial of the benefits is no
    longer in the public interest.”
    That's it. It's like they make decisions based on movies, not reality. I thought it was already obvious to everyone that suppressors don't make shots completely silent, they just reduce the noise level to a safe level for hearing. Who are these decisions aimed at? I mean, if people don't know this, it means they don't use weapons and they don't care. What's the point of prohibiting it.
    Last edited by Ghocyribal; 12-15-2023 at 04:33 AM.

They're liberals with Hollywood pedophile dreams. OF course they make their decisions based on movies.
    Free men DO NOT ask permission.
    "Don't hate me because I'm black." - Black Rifles
    Eradicate Nazism in Ukraine.
    IRUNGUNS will take your money and not supply what you’ve paid for.

Super GunNutz
    I hope CCRF and company lobby hard to get this reversed when the CPC gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    I hope CCRF and company lobby hard to get this reversed when the CPC gets in.
    You'd have a better chance at getting a double date with Shania Twain and Taylor Swift!.......

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN frequent flyer
    Just need to sell better: Hey liberals, how would you like to #### with shooters with a safety product availability, that makes shooting more expensive, guns longer, and biases them towards airgun velocities. Your in! Let's talk... It's a long gun prosthesis...

Just what I need, another $1-2k accessory for my guns. But seriously, who wouldn't want one to save their ears, hunting and at the range.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910