Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Suppressors are illegal in Canada

CGN Regular
    what are the odds suppressors will be legal within 3 years?

i would love to be able to use a suppressor, just to be able to shoot sans ear muffs once in awhile,

suppresses should be mandatory in all indoor range.

BANNED
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyb0J0VtPeM

My issued one was semi, 3 rnd burst or FA. hush puppies.

Don't want the baddies to have them.

Hunting and range trips would be so much better.

This petition for suppressors has been tabled 9 times since early 2022 with 32-74 signatures to the petition and it gets shut down by the minister of “justice” with the same bs response everytime

“ Sound reduction or elimination diminishes the public’s ability to react to gun shots and makes it difficult for law enforcement to become aware of a possible criminal incident.

Firearms owners can make use of other forms of hearing protection that are commonly available and that do not adversely impact public safety.”

As much as I would love them, I don’t have high hopes we will get them anytime soon…especially with the current government 🤡
    Caveat Emptor. All items sold as is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koseli View Post
    what are the odds suppressors will be legal within 3 years?
    What are the odds Liberals will ban all firearms in three years if stupid people and gun owners vote them back in?........
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    I've told this story before. A fellow I knew 20-25 yrs ago had met and married a French widow and in her "settler's effects" was a .22LR suppressor once owned by her husband. My friend asked me, in the interests of science, to advise what ammunition to use. I bought as many types of .22 I could find. The .22CBs would not function the action of the little rifle or feed from the magazine. The Shorts and Longs were serviceable. The Long Rifles of many velocities were not much different. The only appreciable effect I noticed was the Shorts were the best compromise for noise and functioning.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

In what other walk of life would the government make it illegal for the public to use PPE?

Imagine if they passed a law stating that ear protection was outlawed in the workplace to ensure that everyone was aware that there was machinery running?

Supreme Capital, Democratic People's Republic of Canuckistan
    Quote Originally Posted by mr52359289 View Post
    suppresses should be mandatory in all indoor range.
    No they should not. Someone should not be forced to scrap firearms with historical value by threading them for a suppressor if they want to use them at an indoor range. Your logic here is the cause of 99% of the problematic firearms law we have in this country.

Their use should be optional for those that want to use them or not use them.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Great hunter. Yes? Fine figure of a man. Yes?
    Good. That is all you need to know. For now.