Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: Revocation for X95 MSW 13' Restricted Tavors

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    Because of them these are now prohib. Also on a diffirent note can I stripp my barrel and bolt and install on a regular x-95?
    No they were prohib the whole time, many many people failed before any individual owner.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyGun View Post
    This is pretty much what happened with the CZ 858. At least some versions came into Canada as converted full-autos, therefore falling into 12(3) status, but they were classified as non restricted since they were semi-automatic with a barrel length longer than 18.5". Eventually the RCMP caught up to this, which led to the prohibition that the Conservative government of the time reversed. Of course, they were wrapped up in the May 1st OiC anyway and are prohibited as of right now.

These particular X95s would also fall into 12(3) status as converted full autos. Shame that it's a decision that won't be overturned by the government of today.
    1. They'd only fall into 12(3) if they are converted properly and approved by the lab.
    2. They'd only fall into 12(3) if they were so grandfathered when 12(3) OIC was created.
    Since 1 is not true they are considered Full Auto. Since 2 is not true they are not eligible to be possessed by 12(3) grandfathered individuals and cannot be registered to them. I expect they can be registered to a business - I'd love to see if that's possible and may be able to help out someone who got a revocation notice.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer47 View Post
    are the verifiers govt. employees or are they employed by ns . if govt . it is their fault.
    Usually employees of a business. This would be a screwup by a verifier on the importer's staff.
    Last edited by KotKotofeich; 10-06-2023 at 12:59 AM.
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    Yeah but is it a diffirent receiver, can someone who has both do a side by side comparison??
    I did a comparison on both as I had both. Aside from the barrel and length, there are 5 very distinct differences, frame, bolt carrier, trigger pack, trigger port area and safety. Overall, its more fun to shoot the MSW

Well I have 3 of these caught up in this revocation. Straight from the manual ..... here are the available models ....

- X95 assault rifle, standard configuration
    - X95 CPRF assault rifle configuration with bayonet
    - X95 MSW semi-automatic configuration
    - X95 SMG submachine gun configuration
    - X95S SMG submachine gun configuration with integral silencer
    BTC donations: 1Nk9M6t8nXpKuyd2ZKcyiUKXXQjJrEPoTE

North Sylva is one of multiple importers of this product. We were notified yesterday Thursday October 5th, 2023. We’re standing by for more information and we hope to provide an update early next week. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Options:
    1. Consumer can return the gun to local law enforcement without refund.
    2. Consumer can return the gun to our to be named deactivation site where it will be deactivated either to return to consumer at no charge, or become property of North Sylva and an in-store credit will be issued at full invoice value.

More details to follow.