Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Revocation for X95 MSW 13' Restricted Tavors

Exclamation Revocation for X95 MSW 13' Restricted Tavors

Just got a letter from the RCMP saying that the rifles were "misidentified" and as military rifles and "would not have been allowed into Canada" - therefore I have 30 days to surrender the rifle or have it deactivated.

SEE HERE

What now?

EDIT: It has been suggested to me to contact the retailer where you purchased it first and pass them the email.

Also I have been told it would probably be best to contact a lawyer first before going to a judge as the letter suggested, especially if you do not know what you are doing.
    Last edited by MlCE; 10-05-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MlCE View Post
    Just got a letter from the RCMP saying that the rifles were "misidentified" and as military rifles and "would not have been allowed into Canada" - therefore I have 30 days to surrender the rifle or have it deactivated.

See here: https://imgur.com/a/8sVys1F

What now?
    The Canadian Firearms Program/Specialized Firearms Support Services (CFP/SFSS) recently conducted a technical inspection of
    firearms imported by Canadian firearms businesses that were registered to businesses and individuals as the “Tavor X95”. It was
    determined that these firearms registered as the Tavor X95 model were in fact the Tavor X95 MSW model.
    The two models are different and technically distinct firearms. The Tavor X95 IWI US model (referred to above as the “Tavor X95”) is a
    purpose-built semi-automatic firearm available in either non-restricted or restricted versions and manufactured in the United States by IWI
    US. The Tavor X95 MSW model is a military surplus prohibited firearm imported from Israel and is a full-automatic firearm.
    The verifiers acting on behalf of the Canadian businesses misidentified these firearms resulting in the prohibited Tavor X95 MSW being
    registered as the restricted Tavor X95. These Tavor X95 MSW firearms would not have been permitted entry into Canada had they been
    properly verified as prohibited firearms. There is no authority for a registration certificate to be issued in relation to this firearm therefore,
    your registration certificate is hereby revoked.
    Any questions regarding compensation should be directed to the supplier or distributor from whom you acquired the firearm.
    If you have questions or would like additional information, please call 1-800-731-4000 extension 1055.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    It’s a trick for you to surrender it. They did the save with the Famas and Steyr AUGs back in the early 90’s. Classic move
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

Well that sucks, sorry you have to deal with that.

Wow….

CGN Regular
    If you are a member of the CCFR I would send them an email and request counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuhalsky View Post
    If you are a member of the CCFR I would send them an email and request counsel.
    Unfortunately no...

This may be due to the fact Canada has these "Once a machinegun, always a machinegun" rules in place. The MSW must be a demilled assault rifle, but even if nothing could ever be put into it to make it full auto without modification, it is still considered select fire and therefore prohibited.
    The Abomin870!

Wtf
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

The Tavor X95 MSW model is a military surplus prohibited firearm imported from Israel and is a full-automatic firearm.
    Since this is in writing, is it possible to take this to court? Have them try to prove and demonstrate that it is indeed fully automatic?
    Last edited by RabbitTeeth; 10-05-2023 at 11:23 AM. Reason: added "try to"

Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast