Transport gun safes into the condo

Takuchan917

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I was planning to buy a gun safe, but I was wondering how people even move the gun safe from the store to the unit. Please leave some advice!

When I bought my 245lb safe, I took the door off (door weighed 65lbs I believe) to cut weight, then tipped the safe and slid it into a SUV. Then took it home, wrapped it in a blanket and slid it down the stairs.

Hand dolly/friend and you can do it.

Lots of threads on this lately but many condo boards prohibit firearms in their units so dragging a safe through the lobby might garner a few odd looks.

Lots of threads on this lately but many condo boards prohibit firearms in their units so dragging a safe through the lobby might garner a few odd looks.

Moving blankets over it and it's an apartment sized upright freezer

https://condoadviser.ca/2016/03/can..., in addition to,in the common elements which

In Ontario, in addition to the federal, provincial and municipal regulations pertaining to the possession and use of firearms (or any type of arm for that matter), condominium corporations can rely on section 117 of the Condominium Act which prohibits conditions or activities in a unit or in the common elements which is likely to damage the property or to cause injuries to an individual.

interesting statement. wonder how well that would hold up in court. if you are following the firearms act there is no way you will be damaging property or cause injuries. Are they going to say you can't deep fry foods, that is far more likely to cause damage to a unit or building...

as stated, take the door off and dolly both items in. you can always wrap them up and say it is a fridge or freezer...

When I bought my 245lb safe, I took the door off (door weighed 65lbs I believe) to cut weight, then tipped the safe and slid it into a SUV. Then took it home, wrapped it in a blanket and slid it down the stairs.

Hand dolly/friend and you can do it.

Definitely wrap it in a blanket. I don't want my surroundings to see I have stuff that are valuable enough that it requires a safe to guard it, especially in a condo.

Back
Top Bottom