Thread: Transport gun safes into the condo

Transport gun safes into the condo

Hi guys! I was planning to buy a gun safe, but I was wondering how people even move the gun safe from the store to the unit. Please leave some advice!
    :p

CGN frequent flyer
    When I bought my 245lb safe, I took the door off (door weighed 65lbs I believe) to cut weight, then tipped the safe and slid it into a SUV. Then took it home, wrapped it in a blanket and slid it down the stairs.

Hand dolly/friend and you can do it.

Lots of threads on this lately but many condo boards prohibit firearms in their units so dragging a safe through the lobby might garner a few odd looks.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    Lots of threads on this lately but many condo boards prohibit firearms in their units so dragging a safe through the lobby might garner a few odd looks.
    Moving blankets over it and it's an apartment sized upright freezer

https://condoadviser.ca/2016/03/can-...ements%20which

In Ontario, in addition to the federal, provincial and municipal regulations pertaining to the possession and use of firearms (or any type of arm for that matter), condominium corporations can rely on section 117 of the Condominium Act which prohibits conditions or activities in a unit or in the common elements which is likely to damage the property or to cause injuries to an individual.

interesting statement. wonder how well that would hold up in court. if you are following the firearms act there is no way you will be damaging property or cause injuries. Are they going to say you can't deep fry foods, that is far more likely to cause damage to a unit or building...

as stated, take the door off and dolly both items in. you can always wrap them up and say it is a fridge or freezer...
    CSSA member since 2011. CCFR member since Apr. 2016
    check my Youtube videos out at http://www.youtube.com/user/dakotamar

Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    When I bought my 245lb safe, I took the door off (door weighed 65lbs I believe) to cut weight, then tipped the safe and slid it into a SUV. Then took it home, wrapped it in a blanket and slid it down the stairs.

Hand dolly/friend and you can do it.
    Definitely wrap it in a blanket. I don't want my surroundings to see I have stuff that are valuable enough that it requires a safe to guard it, especially in a condo.
    Calling the reference number as PAL verification is a logical fallacy that destroys the gun community. It's sole purpose is to rebuild the government's backdoor NR registry. Otherwise, it would've also been required for ammo purchase.