Last Shipment of Type 81 SR

evildead-guy.gif

Bats888 had some issues with the SR and a more forward mounted optic causing stovepipes; [strikethrough]he didn't have the same issue with the regular rifle, since its trigger pins were in a different spot[/strikethrough]. Edit: as per Murray's correction, the pin's are not in a different place, but the positioning of the rail for the NPZ optic is the difference compared to other side rails. Below is his first shots video:

Bats888 said:

Last edited:
What would things be like to buy later on after initial bare rifle?

Scope, mount and compensator? Will these component still be produced by any chance?

Youll want it all right away, the stubby mags, the M16x1mm Flashider, side rail and NPZ scope will be extremely costly to replace if TI no longer has it.

Bats888 had some issues with the SR and a more forward mounted optic causing stovepipes; he didn't have the same issue with the regular rifle, since its trigger pins were in a different spot. Below is his first shots video:

Trigger pins are in the same spots across all Type 81s. Its the proprietary side rail that comes with TIs NPZ 4x24mm-1 optic that sits further ahead then other setups.

Bats888 had some issues with the SR and a more forward mounted optic causing stovepipes; he didn't have the same issue with the regular rifle, since its trigger pins were in a different spot. Below is his first shots video:

Ahhh… the trigger pins are in the different spot? Explain to me how that is possible?

How about we actually listen to the video… the SR rail position is farther forward then the SE rail position. He also put a gen1 SE pic rail on a SR (which is farther forward than a SE, as I said before). That caused the stovepipes…. Not the trigger pin positions.

Maybe my attention span absorbs information differently… IDK.

I’m more upset about how the Type 81 SR can’t shoot into space. What a bummer…. Must be the trigger pin positions.

…idiot

Last edited:
Trigger pins are in the same spots across all Type 81s. Its the proprietary side rail that comes with TIs NPZ 4x24mm-1 optic that sits further ahead then other setups.

Thank you for the correction, I misunderstood what Bats888 was saying.

Was a very rare issue, affecting less then 1% of rifles, that we replaced immediately if it came up... regardless all rifles now come with gen 2 stocks that solve potential for issue and they are available free of charge to existing owners

Hello! Does the rifle now come with the Gen 2 stock installed? Or the buyer has to do that on his own?

Thanks.

Hey beavermeat

Why don't you calm down a little and be a nicer person? Frankly i wouldn't want to share a range with you if this is how you engage with people, particularly when it comes to talking about technical issues.

This behaviour would get you 1 warning at my gun club, after that you’d be terminated as a member. Don’t play hard on the keyboard in a way you wouldn’t behave in public. It makes us all look as bad as you do right now.

Ahhh… the trigger pins are in the different spot? Explain to me how that is possible?

How about we actually listen to the video… the SR rail position is farther forward then the SE rail position. He also put a gen1 SE pic rail on a SR (which is farther forward than a SE, as I said before). That caused the stovepipes…. Not the trigger pin positions.

Maybe my attention span absorbs information differently… IDK.

I’m more upset about how the Type 81 SR can’t shoot into space. What a bummer…. Must be the trigger pin positions.

…idiot

name calling is not acceptable here.

Curious about buying one of these.... what, if any issues do they have? I noticed the buy page mentions:
"Important Notes: There is a second trigger stop screw included in the delivery kit, the one installed in the firearm is too long." - Does this HAVE to be changed out or is it a reliability issue? I'm not overly familiar with these firearms and would love some more info on this, or any issues, that may keep me from using it "out of the box", before I potentially buy. Thanks friends!

Curious about buying one of these.... what, if any issues do they have? I noticed the buy page mentions:
"Important Notes: There is a second trigger stop screw included in the delivery kit, the one installed in the firearm is too long." - Does this HAVE to be changed out or is it a reliability issue? I'm not overly familiar with these firearms and would love some more info on this, or any issues, that may keep me from using it "out of the box", before I potentially buy. Thanks friends!

Mine came with a new screw but the factory one was fine so I didn't need to change it. No issues with reliability of the trigger 900ish rounds through it.

Shorter reset, that's all. You can fire as is. All type 81 are 100 % reliable. The only problem is the 5 round magazine limit. :HR:

Issues ive observed and or had: misaligned wood on the forend. Damaged threads for lower handguard bolt resulting in difficult removal and installation. Burred threaded trigger pin that made trigger super stiff when optic rail was installed. Cheek pad was too tight to fit wood stock and broke during modification. Warped/swelled reciever geometry possibly from aggressive installation of buttstock pins all resulting in poor reciever contact with side rail.

Back
Top Bottom