Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: X95 MSW Return/Deactivation - Please Read

CGN Regular
    It says we need to send the magazine back, my did not have one. I did not get a sofr case either. It was also missing the second charging handle. These were sold as is as, so I hope you guys aren't going to nitpick the small stuff.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypherfox View Post
    What if parts are missing? Owners may have sold original parts and opted for something else (handguard, buttplate, etc). Would store credit still be issued?
    Mine did not have the second charging handle and bottom grip that others had. So they better take them complete and in working order, but not hassle me for stuff I never got.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    How the firearms that were resold and bought from private parties will be handled?
    U get nothing from what it says. Because how can they issue you a store credit if you never purchased it from the store. You have to go with the NFA challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypherfox View Post
    What if parts are missing? Owners may have sold original parts and opted for something else (handguard, buttplate, etc). Would store credit still be issued?
    That will be on a case by case basis. Basically if parts are missing the store credit will be reduced BUT if you change out a handguard, butt plate etc we aren't going to care. The statement was more meant for people that had stripped parts off and not replaced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Horilka View Post
    How the firearms that were resold and bought from private parties will be handled?
    You will need to speak to the person you bought it from. We will still deactivate them them for free if the person wishes to keep it but any store credits are between the original purchaser and the store.

Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    It says we need to send the magazine back, my did not have one. I did not get a sofr case either. It was also missing the second charging handle. These were sold as is as, so I hope you guys aren't going to nitpick the small stuff.
    Drop us an email and we can tell you if it is from the North Sylva ones, we are only handling that batch.

CGN Regular
    Im sure the question has been asked but since its recent there probably isn’t an answer yet but gunsmiths can change parts to reclassify restricted to non restricted; can a gunsmith reclassify prohibited to restricted? Im a retired welder with a gunsmith license and it most likely wouldn’t be that hard to basically rebuild these to the specifications of a non restricted tavor. It will probably be welding up some holes in the trigger pack to prevent the auto sear from being installed, hammer work and welding up or removing the auto sear engagement point on the bolt. I read on ctv that these have to be submitted to be destroyed so i would hate to see that if they can be salvaged

Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    ^serial number. Depends where it came from

Read it 3 times fokes. Lots of info to take in
    Yes, we are only handling North Sylva imported ones. We have their serial number list so we can see where they came from.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by KanadianShooter View Post
    Mine did not have the second charging handle and bottom grip that others had. So they better take them complete and in working order, but not hassle me for stuff I never got.
    We're more concerned with the people that have stripped them of parts or major parts and wanted to send them back

Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    Im sure the question has been asked but since its recent there probably isn’t an answer yet but gunsmiths can change parts to reclassify restricted to non restricted; can a gunsmith reclassify prohibited to restricted? Im a retired welder with a gunsmith license and it most likely wouldn’t be that hard to basically rebuild these to the specifications of a non restricted tavor. It will probably be welding up some holes in the trigger pack to prevent the auto sear from being installed, hammer work and welding up or removing the auto sear engagement point on the bolt. I read on ctv that these have to be submitted to be destroyed so i would hate to see that if they can be salvaged
    No, that would make it a converted auto according to the RCMP.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast