Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: X95 MSW Return/Deactivation - Please Read

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We're more concerned with the people that have stripped them of parts or major parts and wanted to send them back
    I don't understand why that would matter, you just need the legal firearm to deactivate, take the receiver and chop it.

If I wanted to take my parts and put them on a replacement X95 down the road it shouldn't affect you at all. What are you going to do with the parts anyways? Strip them and sell it off? Or do you need complete guns for a RCMP photo-op?

I've replaced a number of parts on my X95 with better parts and gotten rid of the original bits, and I wouldn't mind keeping my barrel as a spare or just strip it down completely so I have a spare parts kit for my replacement X95 down the road. I don't see why anyone shouldn't strip their rifle down before it's sent it, this is NS' screw up and it's affected and inconvenienced us as much as them.

Common SFRC W.
    horrible whats going on but at least you guys arent leaving the customers in the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Beta678 View Post
    I don't understand why that would matter, you just need the legal firearm to deactivate, take the receiver and chop it.

If I wanted to take my parts and put them on a replacement X95 down the road it shouldn't affect you at all. What are you going to do with the parts anyways? Strip them and sell it off? Or do you need complete guns for a RCMP photo-op?

I've replaced a number of parts on my X95 with better parts and gotten rid of the original bits, and I wouldn't mind keeping my barrel as a spare or just strip it down completely so I have a spare parts kit for my replacement X95 down the road. I don't see why anyone shouldn't strip their rifle down before it's sent it, this is NS' screw up and it's affected and inconvenienced us as much as them.
    As we said, the firearms must come back complete. A complete firearm was purchased and a complete firearm must be returned. If parts are missing the credit issued will be reduced. Remember North Sylva is just one of the importers. At this point the other importer(s) aren't giving people credits at all from my understanding.

As we said, the firearms must come back complete. A complete firearm was purchased and a complete firearm must be returned. If parts are missing the credit issued will be reduced. Remember North Sylva is just one of the importers. At this point the other importer(s) aren't giving people credits at all from my understanding.
    What is the break down in value? These rifles at this point are worth nothing at this point so I'd expect the parts value to be reduced as well.

There doesn't seem to be much clarity or information provided until your thread with regard to our X95'S on the part of NS, perhaps purposely to drag it out as long as possible so others are inclined to just send things in and NOT claim a credit so the problem is out of their hair.

As for other importers, that just seems like bad decision making on their end, perhaps leaving themselves open to legal action in the future for being negligent.

But you are at least providing information and answers for questions people have and haven't left everyone out in the wind like NS by saying "more information to come" and leaving it as is so thanks for that.

Also, definitely playing devil's advocate here as no one seems to be asking questions that I'm sure have been floating around in people's minds.

We are North Sylva’s announcement as we are handling it for them. Things had to be sorted out with the CFO’s and RCMP before the announcement was made. We don’t have a break down in value at this time but we need a complete firearm back for a full in store credit at the dealer if they purchased from.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta678 View Post
    What is the break down in value? These rifles at this point are worth nothing at this point so I'd expect the parts value to be reduced as well.

There doesn't seem to be much clarity or information provided until your thread with regard to our X95'S on the part of NS, perhaps purposely to drag it out as long as possible so others are inclined to just send things in and NOT claim a credit so the problem is out of their hair.

As for other importers, that just seems like bad decision making on their end, perhaps leaving themselves open to legal action in the future for being negligent.

But you are at least providing information and answers for questions people have and haven't left everyone out in the wind like NS by saying "more information to come" and leaving it as is so thanks for that.

Also, definitely playing devil's advocate here as no one seems to be asking questions that I'm sure have been floating around in people's minds.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    Im sure the question has been asked but since its recent there probably isn’t an answer yet but gunsmiths can change parts to reclassify restricted to non restricted; can a gunsmith reclassify prohibited to restricted? Im a retired welder with a gunsmith license and it most likely wouldn’t be that hard to basically rebuild these to the specifications of a non restricted tavor. It will probably be welding up some holes in the trigger pack to prevent the auto sear from being installed, hammer work and welding up or removing the auto sear engagement point on the bolt. I read on ctv that these have to be submitted to be destroyed so i would hate to see that if they can be salvaged
    That idea will not work in this situation

Ed

We are North Sylva’s announcement as we are handling it for them. Things had to be sorted out with the CFO’s and RCMP before the announcement was made. We don’t have a break down in value at this time but we need a complete firearm back for a full in store credit at the dealer if they purchased from.
    Well I see pros and cons to this announcement.

It's convenient for NS because they don't have to say anything now that you've provided an "official announcement".

On your end, you're limited to the information they've provided and don't have the ability or authority to answer anything beyond what you've already outlined, therein providing NS with a means to avoid answering difficult questions while the clock ticks down to the deadline. Case-in-point with the requirement for a "complete" rifle and the parts valuation or there lack of. That and you have to deal with trying to placate questions from people like me rather than NS.

Anyone who doesn't want to deal with the hassle of the NFA's approach or lose out on credit will take the convenient route and go along with this hashed together solution as it's better than nothing.

Ideally if you could provide more information as soon as possible due to our looming deadline, that would be great.

Hopefully, other people have more questions which I'm sure I've missed that you can answer as I doubt I'm annoyed as those with multiple X95's and significantly more money invested into their rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Good show, Chemist. Glad to see someone standing behind this issue and offering a fair (enough) solution.
    agreed but shouldnt NS be answering our questions instead?

Am I correct in understanding that the "store credit" will go to the original purchaser, regardless of who turns in the firearm for deactivation? So if person B bought from original purchaser person A, and Person B turns in the firearm to SFRC, Person A will get still get the credit? So I need to coordinate with Person A to obtain "my" credit as a "person B" private purchaser, is that correct?

I just want to be clear whether or not I need to work through the original purchaser (I know who they are) in order to obtain the store credit as a private purchaser after the fact.....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that the "store credit" will go to the original purchaser, regardless of who turns in the firearm for deactivation? So if person B bought from original purchaser person A, and Person B turns in the firearm to SFRC, Person A will get still get the credit? So I need to coordinate with Person A to obtain "my" credit as a "person B" private purchaser, is that correct?

I just want to be clear whether or not I need to work through the original purchaser (I know who they are) in order to obtain the store credit as a private purchaser after the fact.....
    That is correct. The store credit will be with the store they purchased it from.