Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Western Metal Experience

Angry Terrible Western Metal Experience

I'm sorry this is only my 3rd post and that these guys are forum sponsors, but they are truly terrible:

-I bought a Trijicon scope from them online and paid for it on the 6th Oct.
    -Got a call over the weekend that they wanted to verify my PAL because I wasn't shipping to my home address (I was shipping to a friends in Alberta); this was kind of annoying but it was done.
    -Got a call on the Sunday or Monday that they wanted my friends PAL as well (getting ridiculous), but they got it and verified it. When I spoke to them they said they would try and get it shipped out that week (by 13th), but they did have a lot of orders.
    -Called them on the Thursday asking if it was going to ship out, never got back to me.
    -Emailed on the Monday 16th asking for update
    -Received call back on Wed 18th, he said since my order was only 'confirmed' on the 10th (whatever that means, since I paid for it on the 6th), that they can take UP to 10 business days to ship (which I didn't actually see in little writing until I went back to the listing, 10 business days is bloody terrible).
    I explained I need to know if it's going to ship by Friday as I'll get it somewhere else.
    -Guy leaves me a voice mail on Friday evening well after I could have had something else shipped out before the weekend telling me it's not leaving till Tuesday 24th (that's 11 business days after they 'confirmed' the order and 12 after I paid for it (a full 18 days after I payed for it)
    -I sent an email that night saying please cancel the order, I'll buy it elsewhere, he's not worth the $100 savings.
    -I get an email this morning saying he'll refund me but MINUS a 10% restocking fee, even though he's no met his contractual obligations..

-I just back-charged him on my credit card. Problem solved.

TLDR, slow, understaffed business with NO phone number listed run by a bloke who thinks he's doing you a favour. Do not buy unless you've got all the time in the world.

I did look carefully through the rules and didn't see if this kind of post was not allowed or where to put it, so my apologies if it is.

This is gonna get closed but I would say that they are easily one of the worst dealers in Canada.

I've kinda come to expect complications when having things shipped to places I don't live/are not my billing address. Credit card fraud and all that. Some stores won't do it, period.

On the rest, it seems like their policy was for the most part pretty clear. "Confirmed" probably means after the point where they are sure they aren't being scammed after getting you or your friends info...that would chafe. No, I don't think anyones getting my PAL info for a scope lol. Sorry.

Sucks, but it kinda sounds like this one goes both ways. Dunno if I'd put someone on blast for it.

They've thus far been good to me. Credit where due. At least one firearm, orders of brass, a chrony etc. Always shipped within what I'd call industry standard, no issues.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

BANNED
    Why would you give your's and your friend's PAL information to buy a scope?

This should have been the end of the deal right there.

Quote Originally Posted by partial View Post
    Why would you give your's and your friend's PAL information to buy a scope?

This should have been the end of the deal right there.
    Because I kind of understood they were worried about credit card fraud, though my billing address matched my PAL, so that should have been the end of it.
    Basically if they said clearly on checkout that they were going to take that long to ship it, I would have never tried to save the money.

Side note, Calgary shooting center shipped it today after I ordered it Saturday. Always answers the phone, great to deal with.

Lesson learned, wanted to stop others making the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bah View Post
    I'm sorry this is only my 3rd post and that these guys are forum sponsors, but they are truly terrible:

-I bought a Trijicon scope from them online and paid for it on the 6th Oct.
    -Got a call over the weekend that they wanted to verify my PAL because I wasn't shipping to my home address (I was shipping to a friends in Alberta); this was kind of annoying but it was done.
    -Got a call on the Sunday or Monday that they wanted my friends PAL as well (getting ridiculous), but they got it and verified it. When I spoke to them they said they would try and get it shipped out that week (by 13th), but they did have a lot of orders.
    -Called them on the Thursday asking if it was going to ship out, never got back to me.
    -Emailed on the Monday 16th asking for update
    -Received call back on Wed 18th, he said since my order was only 'confirmed' on the 10th (whatever that means, since I paid for it on the 6th), that they can take UP to 10 business days to ship (which I didn't actually see in little writing until I went back to the listing, 10 business days is bloody terrible).
    I explained I need to know if it's going to ship by Friday as I'll get it somewhere else.
    -Guy leaves me a voice mail on Friday evening well after I could have had something else shipped out before the weekend telling me it's not leaving till Tuesday 24th (that's 11 business days after they 'confirmed' the order and 12 after I paid for it (a full 18 days after I payed for it)
    -I sent an email that night saying please cancel the order, I'll buy it elsewhere, he's not worth the $100 savings.
    -I get an email this morning saying he'll refund me but MINUS a 10% restocking fee, even though he's no met his contractual obligations..

-I just back-charged him on my credit card. Problem solved.

TLDR, slow, understaffed business with NO phone number listed run by a bloke who thinks he's doing you a favour. Do not buy unless you've got all the time in the world.

I did look carefully through the rules and didn't see if this kind of post was not allowed or where to put it, so my apologies if it is.
    How's that done?
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Painkillers View Post
    How's that done?
    Call your credit card company and tell them you want to dispute a charge. Send them the evidence they request and they will make a decision on it.

Basically if you pay for something on your cc and it's not shipped in the specified time (this is the case here) or it's not as described or damaged etc and the merchant doesn't want to play ball (in this case trying to charge 10% fee for failing to meet their contractual obligations), you can get your cc company to back charge it up to 60 days from your statement date or posted date, I can't remember which.

Seems like rather poor customer service on the vendors part IMHO.

Between them selling ammo that'll blow your guns up, the bad service and overpriced used guns, safe to say they are on the "never going to bother with" list.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast